LearnUpon is looking for a Head of Security to join our team in Dublin, and lead LearnUpon's extensive InfoSec program.
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we’re committed to producing work that we can be proud of.
Our offices are open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun!
Our Information Security team performs a variety of security related functions across the company including compliance, risk management, application/development security, and general training and awareness. LearnUpon is an ISO 27001 accredited organisation and the Head of Security will be responsible for maintaining and improving the InfoSec program throughout the company.
What will I be doing?
On a day-to-day basis you will be performing a number of duties, including:
- Responsibility for maintenance and improvement of existing ISMS (ISO 27001 compliance)
- Rolling out training, awareness campaigns, and tests/simulations to measure their effectiveness, on all aspects of infoSec
- Performing the duties of a Data Protection Officer
- Performing vendor assessments and manage all 3rd party risk assessments
- Report to senior management on all aspects of the ISMS (performance, measurements, etc.)
- Act as incident manager for incidents, and be the point of escalation
- Perform, and facilitate, internal/external audits
- Facilitate security/assessment calls from customers
- Be responsible for RFP security-related questions, and general pre-sales/post-sales security questions that arise.
- Take on larger project work (for example: SOCII compliance)
- Work on, and be responsible for continuous improvements in all aspects of the InfoSec program.
What skills do I need?
- A Bachelor Degree (4-year), with a technical major, such as software engineering or computer science.
- At least 5 years professional experience in InfoSec
- At least 2 years experience working with formal InfoSec standards (SOC/ISO 27001)
- A demonstrable knowledge of a wide range of InfoSec related standards (technical and managerial/high-level)
- Experience as a DPO
- A professional qualification in InfoSec management
- Ability to confidently deliver training & awareness programs, and deliver a positive security culture
- A demonstrable knowledge of common web application vulnerability / attack vectors
- Experience delivering good Application Security programs (training, awareness, technical projects, test plans, etc.
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- CISM or equivalent InfoSec management qualification
- Technical / Application Security related qualification (e.g. CISSP / CompTIA Security+ / CEH)
- ISO 27001 Auditor certified and/or experienced
- SOCII roll out experience (managerial and technical)
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Excellent career progression - take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Employer Contributed Pension.
- Private health insurance.
- 22 days annual leave
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of practical interviews.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our CEO/CTO.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.