Clearwater positions open to candidates located in greater Tampa Bay area.
This Senior AWS Cloud Engineer will help build reliable, secure, and efficient cloud infrastructure systems. This position will help ensure our platform scales to meet the needs of internal KnowBe4 systems. Our team prides itself on managing our infrastructure with code, never repeating ourselves, and automating everything. We need a developer with a strong understanding of systems and a passion for solving infrastructure problems.
- The senior role is responsible for proactive patching, updating, designing, maintaining, documenting, and troubleshooting the cloud-based infrastructure
- Lead proactive responsponsibility of building, creating, troubleshooting, planning, upgrading, IaC with Terraform
- Lead proactive investigations, analyze and troubleshoot AWS Kubernetes Cluster
- Collaborate to execute, design and improve GitLab Administration in parallel with developing and maintenance of SDLC and CI/CD operations
- Responsible for initiating collaborative communications with other engineers and departments to get products into the cloud, drive new or existing implementations, develop new solutions, and provide technical documentation.
- Responsible for maintaining project communications, schedules and deliverables
- Lead the creation, design, maintenance and recommendations of BCP, backup and recovery methods, and operational security and reliability
- Lead CI/CD build, SDLC process improvements, testing, and deployments through GitLab
- Champion opportunities to improve our existing monitoring, alarm and alerting systems, error handling, and logging.
- Champion metrics analysis from OS and applications to improve performance and fault tolerance
- Develop software and scripts to automate routine tasks, infrastructure management, and to validate changes
- Participate in an on-call rotation and ticketing systems to support our production services
- Minimize risk of reliability related failure outcomes as pertaining to durability, availability, performance, and correctness
- Troubleshoot performance and stability issues using a wide variety of tools
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Associate Degree in Computer Science or other related field is required
- 6+ years of demonstrated experience working with complex systems in AWS, ECS, EC2, Lambda, S3, Policies, and Security Groups
- 6+ years of experience with Linux/Unix Administration
- 6+ years of AWS Kubernetes
- 6+ years of GitLab Administration & CI/CD
- 6+ years of experience with IaC management tools like Terraform, or an equivalent
- 4+ years of proven work experience in software development
- 2+ years of AWS Fargate
- 2+ years of experience with Docker and container orchestration
- Experience with security and compliance standards and frameworks (SOC2, PCI, NIST, ISO)
- Manage AWS Infrastructure Environments
- Managed production infrastructure in Kubernetes
- Excellent understanding of modern web application architecture, such as load balancing, front-end vs back-end networking
- Excellent command of at least one programming language, (Node.js, Java, Python etc)
- Ability to work within Agile sprints and use a ticketing system
- Ability to quickly grasp new program languages and technologies
- Great communicator and team player
- Creativity, initiative and acute attention to detail
Note: An applicant assessment and background check may be part of your hiring procedure.
Individuals seeking employment at KnowBe4 are considered without prejudice to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please visit www.knowbe4.com/careers/request-accommodation.
No recruitment agencies, please.