The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The Senior HR Business Partner for Engineering is a key member of the People Operations team in helping our Leaders and Execs achieve organizational success at scale. We are looking for an experienced, commercially-oriented BP who excels in key areas of thought partnership, problem solving, and strategic thinking. Reporting to the Director of Business Partners, you will play an integral role in supporting and driving critical business initiatives and HR processes for Intercom’s rapidly growing engineering teams.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Be an embedded and strategic thought partner to leaders and executives in matters related to organizational planning, employee engagement, employee relations, performance management, etc.
- Contribute to strategy of the Engineering business functions; provide input into the overall People Org Strategy and roadmap
- Managing one HR Business Partner with the Eng function
- Participate in decision-making at the Exec/Leadership level within the R&D business functions; help leaders think and plan long term around various elements e.g. Performance reviews, company goals
- Ability to take business goals/priorities and translate them into initiatives and partner closely with COE functions to help execute on people programs and initiatives
- Coach leaders and people managers to proactively manage employees and provide advice and guidance on varying employee topics and issues
What skills do I need? 📖
- 5+ years experience in a business partner function, preferably in a tech start-up environment in a business partner role, ideally supporting R&D teams (at least 2+ years in a “senior” BP capacity)
- Deep commercial understanding and an ability to take business goals/priorities and translate them into initiatives
- Consultative approach to strategic partnership and able to combine great people intuition, business judgement and discretion in your decision-making
- Proven experience in conflict resolution and management practices within a complex and matrixed environment
- Experience providing business partnership and support to a diverse group of leaders and executives
- Successful track record of implementing HR processes, employee resourcing performance management and change management
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal), exemplary client service skills, the ability to handle multiple projects and competing priorities and adapt to a fluid, high-growth environment
- Excited to demonstrate peer mentorship, while building their leadership skills
- Four-year degree or equivalent from an accredited university, highly desired
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.