Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Messenger is Intercom’s flagship product that powers hundreds of millions of conversations a month, reaching billions of unique people worldwide. Our ambition is to bring an AI-powered messenger-first experience to all business-to-customer communication. You will join the team as a full-stack product engineer, someone who solves real customer problems through a smart and efficient application of your technical knowledge. You’ll be part of a multidisciplinary product team, where you will work closely with designers, product managers, researchers, and data analysts.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Work in a cross-functional team with design and product.
- Develop technical plans and contribute to scaling our products to serve tens of millions of people every day.
- Be involved in the full software lifecycle across the entire stack, by contributing in design meetings, providing feedback, collaborating with other engineers to execute and deploying projects in production.
- Be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and supportive team culture focused on fast, focused, high-impact execution.
What skills do I need? 📖
- 5+ years of industry experience in a software engineering role, preferably building a SaaS product. You can demonstrate the significant impact your work has had on the product and/or the team.
- Great people are effective and learn what we use quickly (or introduce us to better ways of working).
- Extensive experience building and maintaining large React applications.
- Strong understanding of UI/UX principles, performance and quality.
- Experience collaborating directly with product teams and designers, and a proven track record of delivering value to customers or users. Engineers at Intercom are pragmatists who work closely with others on cross-disciplinary teams.
Bonus Skills & Attributes 🙌
- Experience with design systems and composable UI.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Intercom is currently able to hire if an employee has a permanent residence in the following locations; Australia, Ireland, England and applicable US states. (California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Texas, and Washington).
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.