We are looking for an analytical and hands on Associate General Counsel with a background in Ad Tech, Media and Data, to optimize our organizational efficiency regarding legal matters. The Associate General Counsel will examine and draft customer, IT, employment, real estate and vendor contracts, manage copyrights and trademarks, and preserve business records such as minutes of meetings and resolutions. The Associate General Counsel will be responsible for the negotiation and management of customer contracts, insurance matters and employee relations. You will ensure legal compliance regarding CCPA, GDPR, mergers and acquisitions (M&A) activity, labeling, employee safety and consumer protection. You will oversee compliance with corporate governance and establish the prudence of defending lawsuits and prosecuting.
To ensure success you need to have sound knowledge and understanding of applicable laws and regulations, and the ability to make prudent legal decisions. Top candidates will be team players with outstanding advocacy and people skills.
The Impact You'll Make:
- Advising Company management on various matters such as legal rights, and new and existing laws.
- Managing organization's legal matters and outside legal consultants
- Optimize overall legal Company spending
- Examining and creating draft agreements, such as employment and vendor agreements.
- Maintaining knowledge of organization’s operations and legal documents.
- Conducting legal research and reviewing company's litigation strategy pertaining to legal actions.
- Promulgating and creating directives of corporate acts and decisions.
- Preserving all corporate records.
- Leading the contract negotiations with client legal teams.
- Handling statutory filings, such as licensing forms.
- Other ad hoc projects
- Reporting to SVP Global Finance
What You'll Bring to Us:
- Juris Doctor degree from accredited, top-tier law school.
- 4+ years practice with an established law firm.
- Proficient legal experience in in Ad Tech, Media and Data
- Experience with corporate governance issues and corporate secretarial duties.
- Experience with GDPR, CCPA and other privacy laws.
- Experience in closing deals and leading contract negotiation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to businesses.
- Proficient understanding of business sensitivities and confidentiality.
What We Offer You:
- High visibility role with a tremendous amount of growth potential
- Future management opportunities
- Work hard, play hard atmosphere
- Endless snacks & beverages
- Competitive compensation package, which includes: health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, PTO + Sick Days, 401K + match, a volunteer program
- Offices in major cities around the world, unlimited snacks, and a cross-company collaboration unlike anywhere else