About the Company:
Industrious is the nation's leading provider of premium co-working and flexible office space. We are reinventing how people work by creating elegant, welcoming environments and delivering amazing hospitality that make people excited and proud to come to work. With a seasoned leadership team, a long list of brand-name clients and over $75 million of funding to date, Industrious is well-positioned for rapid growth, as we scale our network to over 75+ locations across the US.
About the Role:
We are currently looking for a candidate to join our national design team as a Senior Designer.
Senior Designers act as team leads and are responsible for all the design aspects of our projects. They develop high-quality design and construction documents through hands-on work, coordinate all project issues with architects and consultants, and manage production staff through delegation of tasks and leadership. The successful applicant will report to the Head of Design and work closely with the Industrious Design, Construction and Facilities Teams.
At Industrious we believe in the power of design to create a lasting, valuable impact on the quality of peoples' daily experiences at work. We also believe that a successful design project is as much the physical fusion of function and form, as it is the successful combination of excellence in construction, hospitality and operations.
We are building a team with a broad range of skills in all these fields. As we grow, you will be part of an elite team, enjoy unrivaled responsibility and drive outsized impact. This is a fantastic opportunity to further develop your design skills and gain broader exposure into the real estate, construction and hospitality industries.
This role is based in Brooklyn, NY.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage and lead design projects within a predefined scope and budget
- Lead design team initiatives to meet quarterly company objectives
- Prepare Space planning, SD and DD presentations to present to internal and external parties
- Oversee peer review of Construction Documents and be proficient in redlining drawings
- Prepare 3D models in Sketch-Up and Revit and create V-Ray/Photoshop renderings
- Develop and manage interior FFE layouts and orders
- Develop and maintain project schedules
- Coordinate RFIs with local architects/contractors
- Review and approve project submittals
- Conduct material research and meet vendors as necessary to understand materials/products
- Iterate custom design pieces and oversee prototype fabrication
- Manage production staff through delegation of tasks and leadership
- Manage design needs for a portfolio of existing Industrious locations
- 8+ years of professional experience in architecture or interior design
- Highly skilled in Revit and AutoCAD
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketch-up, Rhino, V-Ray, Adobe Suite
- Experience working with Dynamo, Grasshopper and Ecotect / Green Building Studio are a plus
- Experience leading design project teams for workplace and/or hospitality clients
- Ability to prepare, develop and edit drawings and models
- Ability to direct team members
- Organized, reliable and able to clearly articulate design idea
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings (ex. Dinners, rock climbing, yoga classes and more!)
- Company-wide outings and retreats (previous locations have included New Orleans & the Hamptons)
Industrious in the News:
- Is Industrious Like A Four Seasons? CEO Hodari Seems To Think So
- From Jamie, our CEO: The Tension that Defines us: Some Thoughts on the Future of Work
- TechCrunch: Industrious buys PivotDesk, raises $25M to be WeWork without startup bros
- Forbes: The Industrious Formula For Productive Coworking Spaces