About the Company:
Industrious is the nation's leading provider of premium co-working and flexible office space. We are reinventing how people work by creating elegant, welcoming environments and delivering amazing hospitality that make people excited and proud to come to work. With a seasoned leadership team, a long list of brand-name clients and over $75 million of funding to date, Industrious is well-positioned for rapid growth, as we scale our network to over 75+ locations across the US.
As a National Project Manager at Industrious, you will be responsible for managing the development and oversight of commercial interior projects from conception through construction and closeout. Your work will be critical to providing a productive and more connected workplace for startups, artists, writers and businesses around the world.
The Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring that projects meet quality, schedule, contractual, and budget goals. You will oversee project communications and tracking schedules, review construction drawings and RFIs, evaluate and coordinate building systems, and review and respond to code compliance issues.
This will be an engaging position requiring strong interior architectural capabilities, construction methodologies, and a proven track record delivering high-end commercial interiors. The ideal candidate should have at least 4-5 years of experience within the construction or building design industry. This is a fantastic opportunity to further develop your project management skills and gain direct exposure into the real estate, design and hospitality industries from the owner's perspective.
The role can be based in Atlanta, Brooklyn, Chicago or Raleigh and will require travel to all of our locations.
The role will include but is not limited to the following:
- Deliver quality projects on time and on budget
- Manage all phases of projects, including project kick-off, scheduling, design and construction administration, budgets, and coordinate all internal and external resources with subcontractors, vendors and consultants
- Negotiate contracts and fees, coordinate bidding process, project cost estimates and manage value engineering strategies
- Lead project team meetings and oversee all project communications - including RFIs, submittals, invoices, change orders, punch-lists and all construction related documentation
- Develop and maintain all project logs and tracking tools - flow charts, checklists and templates
- Work closely with design team to communicate and ensure that the design-intent carries throughout the project
- Evaluate internal project management processes and provide upward feedback
- At least 4 years managing commercial interior, retail, or hospitality construction projects, from initial programming through construction completion
- Proven track record of bringing construction projects in on time and within budget
- Excellent practical knowledge of design and construction methods and MEP systems
- Experience in cost estimation and negotiating, creating bid packages, contract awards, and cost reports
- Proficient in estimating, scheduling, quality control, progress reports, progress billing, design review and coordination, cost reporting, and proposal preparation
- Experience developing Architectural and Engineering Documents
- Professional Architectural or Engineering degree from an accredited institution
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD and Adobe Suite. Revit experience desired. 3D modeling skill are also a plus
- Ability to organize, plan and manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively make sound decisions under tight deadlines
- Strong technical aptitude and analytic skill
- Must be team oriented and be able to lead productive, multi-discipline meetings
- Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding requirements and expectations
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings (ex. Dinners, rock climbing, yoga classes and more!)
- Company-wide outings and retreats (previous locations have included New Orleans & the Hamptons)
Industrious in the News:
- Is Industrious Like A Four Seasons? CEO Hodari Seems To Think So
- From Jamie, our CEO: The Tension that Defines us: Some Thoughts on the Future of Work
- TechCrunch: Industrious buys PivotDesk, raises $25M to be WeWork without startup bros
- Forbes: The Industrious Formula For Productive Coworking Spaces