About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium workplace-as-a-service provider and home to the highest-rated workplaces in the industry. Everything we do comes down to creating great days for teams of all sizes and stages, including our own. We believe that what makes a great day at work is the people on your team, and the problems you get to solve together. We’re looking for people who love thinking outside the box and thrive in a truly collaborative setting. As teammates we encourage new ideas and toast every win. We’re excited about having a meaningful impact on people’s workplace experience.
Great days also start when everyone can be their authentic self at work. Diversity of backgrounds, thoughts, and ideas is critical to our success in delivering great workplace experiences, both for our members and for each other. Industrious is committed to creating an inclusive, respectful environment that embraces your individuality and quirkiness. You are valued for who YOU are. We celebrate our people as individuals who can accomplish great things when we work together as one team.
We are proud to have been recognized as one of America’s 500 fastest-growing companies in 2020 by Inc. Magazine and one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers.
To learn more, visit www.industriousoffice.com/careers.
About the Role:
As a Senior Construction Project Manager at Industrious, you will serve a critical role in managing while simultaneously executing on the development and oversight of commercial interior projects from conception through construction and closeout. You will also be responsible for supporting department strategy/planning, managing and developing vendor relationships, and leading a team of Project Managers. As a leader within the team you will work closely with cross functional partners such as Design, Network Operations, Pre-Construction, Facilities, Real Estate, and Unit Operations to execute projects as well as further develop strategies to improve internal processes. Your work will be critical to providing a productive and more connected workplace for businesses around the world.
We are looking for a seasoned Sr. Project Manager, requiring strong interior architectural capabilities, construction methodologies, people management/leadership experience, strategy and process development, and relationship management expertise. Must have a proven track record delivering high-end commercial interiors and leading a team. The ideal candidate should have at least 2-3 years of experience in a Sr. project management role within the construction or building design industry. The role will report directly to the Director of Construction.
The role may be based in Atlanta, Los Angeles or New York and may require travel nationally.
The role will include but is not limited to the following:
- Executing on multiple projects simultaneously
- Deliver quality projects on time and on budget
- Manage all phases of projects, including project kick-off, scheduling, design and construction administration, budgets, and coordinate all internal and external resources with subcontractors, vendors and consultants of multiple projects at one time.
- Negotiate contracts and fees, coordinate bidding process, solicit and level project cost estimates, and manage value engineering strategies
- Lead project team meetings and oversee all project communications - including schedule, budget, meeting minutes, RFIs, submittals, invoices, change orders, punch-lists and all construction related documentation
- Develop and maintain all project logs and tracking tools - flow charts, internal and external trackers (related to schedule, budget, and other project data), checklists, SOPs, and templates.
- Work closely with design team to communicate and ensure that the design-intent carries throughout the project
- Work closely with the Real Estate and Legal team to ensure all risks and opportunities related to delivery conditions, financial reconciliation, scope, vendor management, schedule, and budget are identified when prior to executing an agreement/lease
- Partner with the Landlord teams throughout the project delivery process setting clear expectations and working to achieve required deliverables at shared milestones
Assume a management role within the team
- Management of 2-3 direct reports (including their projects, priorities, and initiatives)
- Ownership of key cross-functional relationships (both internal and external) with the ability to strongly collaborate with cross department stakeholders and drive outcomes
- Managing overall quality, financial, and schedule performance of projects owned by yourself and your team
- Developing strategies to ensure external partners are identified and developed to appropriately support the team
- Interacting regularly with the Director of Construction to ensure objectives and key results of strategies within the business are being met.
- Working closely with other Senior leaders (Design, Pre-Construction, Facilities, and Real Estate) to communicate and ensure that process and ways of working are consistent throughout all projects.
- Tracking performance, training, coaching and motivating direct reports
- Proven risk management expertise to anticipate downstream effects of decisions being made and ensure contingencies or plans are made to mitigate risk.
- Support the development of both team and cross-functional initiatives and strategy that reinforce business objectives.
- Push us to continually improve by identifying opportunities for us to be more effective in our processes and workflows - either by doing things differently or by doing the same things more efficiently
- At least 10+ years professional experience managing commercial interior, retail, or hospitality construction projects, from initial programming through construction completion
- At least 3+ years managing a team (one or more direct reports)
- Senior Project Manager or Contract Executive titles for at least 2 years
- Proven ability to hire, lead, and inspire direct reports to deliver exceptional results, ideally including some remote management experience
- Highly effective communicator and presenter, extremely organized and highly reliable
- Expert ability to multitask working with high level direction and minimal supervision to make sound decisions under tight deadlines
- Experience designing & implementing highly cross-functional frameworks of continuous improvement
- Proven track record of bringing construction projects in on time and within budget
- Excellent practical knowledge of design and construction methods and MEP systems
- Significant experience tracking holistic project financials including cost estimation and negotiating, creating bid packages, contract awards, cost reports and financial reconciliation
- Highly proficient in estimating, scheduling, quality control, progress reports, progress billing, design review and coordination, cost reporting, and proposal preparation
- Expert in developing and reviewing Architectural and Engineering documents
- Proven track record of establishing national and/or regional partnerships with external consultants and vendors
- Ideally a Construction Management, Professional Architectural, or Engineering degree from an accredited institution
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project, Smartsheets, Procore, AutoCAD and Adobe Suite
- Ability to effectively engage in a virtual environment with a widely distributed team
- Commitment to modeling Industrious values of integrity, teamwork, and ownership day to day
- Ability to occasionally travel within the US
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team activities and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News:
- CBRE Acquires 35% Stake in Flexible Workspace Firm Industrious
- The Continued Rise of Offices in a Virtual World: Industrious
- Flex-Office Provider Industrious Expands As Industry Contracts
- Future of Flex: How Employee Choice Could Change Offices for Good
- As Other Co-Working Spaces Struggle, Startup Industrious Stokes a Growing Niche