About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium workplace-as-a-service provider and home to the highest-rated workplaces in the industry. Everything we do comes down to creating great days for teams of all sizes and stages, including our own. We believe that what makes a great day at work is the people on your team, and the problems you get to solve together. We’re looking for people who love thinking outside the box and thrive in a truly collaborative setting. As teammates we encourage new ideas and toast every win. We’re excited about having a meaningful impact on people’s workplace experience.
Great days also start when everyone can be their authentic self at work. Diversity of backgrounds, thoughts, and ideas is critical to our success in delivering great workplace experiences, both for our members and for each other. Industrious is committed to creating an inclusive, respectful environment that embraces your individuality and quirkiness. You are valued for who YOU are. We celebrate our people as individuals who can accomplish great things when we work together as one team.
We are proud to have been recognized as one of America’s 500 fastest-growing companies in 2020 by Inc. Magazine and one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers.
To learn more, visit www.industriousoffice.com/careers.
About the Role:
Industrious is on track to deliver tremendous growth over the next several years through our core product and via new products and business lines. With demand skyrocketing for new, hybrid work models, Industrious recently announced the acquisition of Breather, the on-demand workspace, conferencing and meetings platform.
As General Manager, you will be Breather’s business owner and leader. You will have P&L ownership over the business line and will be responsible for relaunching it to become the undisputed leader in it’s space. You’ll develop the strategic plan and budget, build a talented team around you (anticipated to be ~6-8 in early stages), and lead successful execution. While Breather will benefit from Industrious’ brand, relationships and expertise, it will operate independently as a standalone business.
Our ideal candidate is customer obsessed, relentless in driving results, and has demonstrated experience leading a high-growth business from the ground floor. Major bonus points if you’re familiar with marketplace business models and the commercial real estate industry.
- Developing the strategic and operational plan/budget to relaunch, iterate and scale the business
- Owning/managing the P&L
- Building, hiring and inspiring a best-in-class team
- Overseeing the success of day-to-day operations including supply acquisition, sales, marketing, and customer support. Securing outsourced solutions for accounting and HR functions, and coordinating with in-house Digital capabilities within Industrious, which will be shared with Breather.
- 10+ years experience with a proven track record as high growth Founder/CEO/business leader
- You’re a highly entrepreneurial builder who feels at home with ambiguity, enjoys rolling up his/her sleeves and likes to move fast.
- You’re an analytical problem solver by nature and understand how to build towards product/market fit
- You’ve managed a full P&L and driven G2M activities
- You provide inspired leadership and people are excited to work and learn from you
- You’re excited about the opportunity to impact the future of work
- You excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with limited oversight
- You’re a pleasure to work with and demonstrate our core values of: integrity, empathy and grit
- Marketplace business experience preferred
- Commercial real estate knowledge preferred
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team activities and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News:
- CBRE Acquires 35% Stake in Flexible Workspace Firm Industrious
- The Continued Rise of Offices in a Virtual World: Industrious
- Flex-Office Provider Industrious Expands As Industry Contracts
- Future of Flex: How Employee Choice Could Change Offices for Good
- As Other Co-Working Spaces Struggle, Startup Industrious Stokes a Growing Niche