About the Company:
Industrious’ private offices and suites — the highest-rated workspaces in the industry — provide the most sustainable option for companies to manage newly distributed teams for the long term. We make it easy to find an office that works for you — even if you come in just once or twice a week. Recognized as one of America’s 500 fastest-growing companies in 2020 by Inc. Magazine, Industrious offers flexible terms and locations in more than 50 U.S. markets.
As the Staff Accountant, you will work as part of a lean team and responsible for completing various operational finance tasks in relation to accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, cash, journal entries, and financial reporting. You will be a critical member of our core accounting team and have a broad exposure across all areas of the business as you work with various business segments to ensure all transactions are booked in a timely and accurate manner.
This role plays a key role in the reporting of Management Agreement. As Industrious continues to shift away from arms-length leases with landlords in favor of management agreements, you will impact the quality of the reporting, which is essential to our partnership with landlords.
The role is based in New York City and reports to the Accounting Manager and Senior Accountant.
- Participate in the month-end close process and complete reconciliations for intercompany/intracompany accounts of Management Agreements locations
- Provide leadership to the accounting operations and financial reporting function by helping to build, streamline, automate and continuously improve processes and controls
- Prepare management agreement fee schedules and journalize accordingly
- Assist Senior Accountant and Fixed Asset Manager with the reconciliation of buildout cost related to locations
- Conduct US GAAP accounting analysis for new transactions or agreements
- Assist with system implementations, including helping to train employees and resolve issues
- Assist with annual financial audit
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent degree required
- 2-4 years of relevant Accounting experience; Public Accounting experience preferred
- Active CPA or CPA eligible strongly preferred
- Experience with ERP systems such as NetSuite, Oracle, or SAP
- Experience with real estate accounting or inter-company transactions is a plus
- Capacity to analyze complex problems and make decisions in a timely manner
- Strong interpersonal skills, team focus, and the ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks conforming to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities while consistently meeting deadlines
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team activities and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News:
- CBRE Acquires 35% Stake in Flexible Workspace Firm Industrious
- The Continued Rise of Offices in a Virtual World: Industrious
- Flex-Office Provider Industrious Expands As Industry Contracts
- Future of Flex: How Employee Choice Could Change Offices for Good
- As Other Co-Working Spaces Struggle, Startup Industrious Stokes a Growing Niche