About the Company:
Industrious’ private offices and suites — the highest-rated workspaces in the industry — provide the most sustainable option for companies to manage newly distributed teams for the long term. We make it easy to find an office that works for you — even if you come in just once or twice a week. Recognized as one of America’s 500 fastest-growing companies in 2020 by Inc. Magazine, Industrious offers flexible terms and locations in more than 50 U.S. markets.
Scaling any business as rapidly as we are is both exciting and challenging. We’re lucky to be working with a product we know thousands of people across the country love, a strong financial position, and a team of fantastic people. Our task for the years ahead is to build off our exceptional business and team fundamentals to aggressively grow our network and become landlords’ partner of choice for all flexible commercial uses.
In a newly created role, you will lead the Financial Planning & Analysis team, as well as lead other initiatives (e.g. Cash Management; Analytics; Revenue Management). You will report to the Chief Financial Officer and partner with executives and senior leaders across the company.
In this role, you will help identify key insights, which enable Industrious to continue to accelerate growth and become more efficient. As you develop and build relationships, you will lead Finance teams to deliver financial support and guidance to leaders. You will be expected to lead Finance teams that deliver sophisticated analysis and advanced modeling to drive business decisions.
This position is based in New York City.
As VP, FP&A, you will:
- Lead the department responsible for planning, budgeting, forecasting and actuals vs. budget/forecast reporting and analysis.
- Supporting the CFO and business unit leadership in developing the long-term and short-term financial goals for the business.
- Build high-performance culture and manage teams to be best-in-class, analytically driven organization.
- Report on and recommend action to take against key performance metrics, including: Revenue and Profit vs. budget/forecast/targets
- Drive the process and preparation of annual budgets, monthly reports, and forecasts.
- Deliver timely, accurate, and effective analysis and reporting of financial and operational performance metrics.
- Track performance relative to budgets, forecasts, and performance targets.
- Participate in senior leadership meetings, preparing and presenting relevant documents, reports and plans in a timely manner.
- Perform operationally focused financial analysis and data gathering to support strategic and finance initiatives.
- 12+ years in FP&A or equivalent experience, focused on budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis & modeling;
- Prior FP&A experience at an “academy” (best-in-class) company.
- Demonstrated financial analysis expertise; strong financial background and attention to detail, with full understanding and experience with financial models and analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, and a collaborative style
- Ability to develop/identify key insights and provide thought leadership to shape future decisions
- Capacity to analyze complex problems and make decisions in a timely manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced culture; ability and willingness to dive into details.
- Strong leadership and management experience, with comfort overseeing the hiring and development of teams
- Skilled at creating processes and organization around routine FP&A business function as well as ad-hoc finance initiatives
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities while leading teams to consistently meeting deadlines
- Experience with Cash Management and Revenue Management preferred
- Understanding of tableau, Essbase, and NetSuite is beneficial.
- MBA preferred (from a top business school). Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or related area required.
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team activities and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News:
- CBRE Acquires 35% Stake in Flexible Workspace Firm Industrious
- The Continued Rise of Offices in a Virtual World: Industrious
- Flex-Office Provider Industrious Expands As Industry Contracts
- Future of Flex: How Employee Choice Could Change Offices for Good
- As Other Co-Working Spaces Struggle, Startup Industrious Stokes a Growing Niche