About the Company:
Industrious’ private offices and suites — the highest-rated workspaces in the industry — provide the most sustainable option for companies to manage newly distributed teams for the long term. We make it easy to find an office that works for you — even if you come in just once or twice a week. Recognized as one of America’s 500 fastest-growing companies in 2020 by Inc. Magazine, Industrious offers flexible terms and locations in more than 50 U.S. markets.
About the Role:
Industrious is building a range of products and services that solve the needs of large commercial landlords. One such product is to deliver event programming and manage amenities for the office tenants of entire buildings, in partnership with the building landlord. This is a critical part of our longer-term competitive strategy, and an important product for a different kind of customer.
Industrious is hiring a Senior Portfolio Manager to oversee the execution of tenant experience for a large commercial landlord in 8-13 of their assets across the East Coast. You will be a critical part of the program success. The role will require a breadth of diverse skills: inspiring a 5-8 person team to deliver exceptional service, clearly communicating updates to key strategic stakeholders, managing a detailed budget, and working collaboratively with a range of internal teams (product, finance, design, hospitality, unit ops, recruiting, and more).
You might spend the day inspiring your team members to deliver excellent service, project managing a new initiative, helping one of your team members with a difficult tenant issue, or planning the program’s launch in new assets across the portfolio. You will also be primarily responsible for managing the relationship with our landlord partner.
As a leader of one of our first initiatives in a new product line, you will have the opportunity to shape and define a new and highly impactful business for Industrious, helping both apply lessons learned to future deployments and increase the growth rate of the business. Success will mean providing a happier, more productive, and more connected workplace for thousands of office tenants, and a highly engaged and effective team in our locations.
This role is based in New York City.
As Senior Portfolio Manager, you will:
- Directly hire and manage a team of 8-15 to deliver on tenant satisfaction and experience goals
- Serve as the face of the program for Industrious. This will include playing project manager and having a hands-on role in meetings with executives of the client, an institutional CRE owner, and property management partner. large partner stakeholders
- Strengthen your team, build a culture of excellence and hospitality, and develop future Industrious leaders through in-depth coaching, performance management and hiring
- Wrangle ambiguity into concrete tasks and goals to oversee the launch of deployments in new locations
- Own end to end business planning for the program, including budgeting & regular reporting
- Develop hospitality standards, training programs, event programming, and continuously manage said programs for over 100+ staff across the portfolio
- Collaboratively partner with other departments to build (and iterate on) the systems and processes needed to deploy this business line
- Analyze, report on and act against key performance metrics, including, but not limited to: Program engagement, Performance against Hospitality Standards, and Operational Consistency
- Proactively identify and drive implementation of opportunities for improvement across all elements of our operations
- Proven ability to hire, lead, and inspire 5+ person teams to deliver exceptional results, ideally including some remote management experience
- Proven ability to operate effectively and independently in highly ambiguous environments that lack structure, processes, systems, or best practices
- Experience translating ambiguous responsibilities into detailed, concrete project plans; experience executing efficiently against set project plans
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly and tactfully articulate a point of view; some experience making compelling presentation materials preferred
- Strong Excel skills with ability to manage budgets and to turn data into meaningful metrics
- Experience working in a metrics-based management culture
- Ability to comfortably lead difficult conversations, including with external stakeholders & executives
- Experience with the commercial real estate industry
- Passion for creating exceptional customer experiences
- Experience with conferencing & events a plus
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team activities and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News:
- CBRE Acquires 35% Stake in Flexible Workspace Firm Industrious
- The Continued Rise of Offices in a Virtual World: Industrious
- Flex-Office Provider Industrious Expands As Industry Contracts
- Future of Flex: How Employee Choice Could Change Offices for Good
- As Other Co-Working Spaces Struggle, Startup Industrious Stokes a Growing Niche