About the Company:
Industrious’ private offices and suites — the highest-rated workspaces in the industry — provide the most sustainable option for companies to manage newly distributed teams for the long term. We make it easy to find an office that works for you — even if you come in just once or twice a week. Recognized as one of America’s 500 fastest-growing companies in 2020 by Inc. Magazine, Industrious offers flexible terms and locations in more than 50 U.S. markets.
About the Role:
As a Real Estate Manager, you will help execute Industrious’ global network expansion strategy. You will be directly responsible for managing a pipeline of opportunities with our landlord partners, driving transactions from initial sourcing and site selection through structuring, negotiation, documentation, and execution.
This is a unique opportunity to join a high-performing team during a major expansion in a highly entrepreneurial, high-visibility role with significant growth potential. The successful candidate has some business development and transactional experience, commercial real estate knowledge, solid communication and analytical skills, and a strong work ethic.
This role will report to the Director of Real Estate and can be based anywhere on the East Coast (with a preference for Atlanta or NYC).
- Develop and manage a pipeline of real estate transactions
- Negotiate and execute multi-unit portfolio and/or individual transactions to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns and thoughtful solutions to Industrious and our landlord partners
- Collaborate cross functionally to advance site selection, design and construction planning, Investment Committee approval, negotiation, and internal deal onboarding
- Prepare deal books and present recommendations to Investment Committee supported by a well-prepared investment thesis, supporting materials and qualitative data
- Support Real Estate leadership and team members as needed to hit our supply growth targets
- Drive Real Estate team initiatives and develop tools / processes that support the Real Estate team and scale growth
- 3 - 5 years of related professional experience, with at least 2 years of experience in commercial real estate (asset management, acquisitions, or development)
- Negotiation and site selection experience strongly preferred
- Strong financial modeling, underwriting and other analytical skills
- High emotional intelligence with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent judgment, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Experience managing a pipeline within a CRM
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team activities and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News:
- CBRE Acquires 35% Stake in Flexible Workspace Firm Industrious
- The Continued Rise of Offices in a Virtual World: Industrious
- Flex-Office Provider Industrious Expands As Industry Contracts
- Future of Flex: How Employee Choice Could Change Offices for Good
- As Other Co-Working Spaces Struggle, Startup Industrious Stokes a Growing Niche