About the Company:
Industrious’ private offices and suites — the highest-rated workspaces in the industry — provide the most sustainable option for companies to manage newly distributed teams for the long term. We make it easy to find an office that works for you — even if you come in just once or twice a week. Recognized as one of America’s 500 fastest-growing companies in 2020 by Inc. Magazine, Industrious offers flexible terms and locations in more than 50 U.S. markets.
As we shape the future of workplace experience, we’re looking for motivated, thoughtful, and collaborative people who are excited to join a high-growth, warm, and welcoming team. For more information, please visit www.industriousoffice.com/careers.
About the Role
Industrious aims to deliver a great day at work for all of our members and as our IT Director, you will play an integral role making our vision a reality. The IT Team is responsible for delivering the internet, phones, printers, AV, security infrastructure, and support essential to our members’ workplace experience. They also ensure our corporate infrastructure and information security enables the company to be efficient and quickly scale. As companies come back to the office with more flexible arrangements driven by COVID and as we accelerate the growth of our enterprise business, which has more more complex IT needs, you will have the opportunity to have a huge impact on shaping an evolving workplace industry.
We're looking for an IT Director who is excited about shaping Industrious' IT roadmap and implementing solutions to improve the services we offer to thousands of members. You’ll be a part of the broader Customer Experience team and will partner with other business units to select and implement suitable technology that best meets the needs of our customers. You’ll build an IT team & culture that delivers excellent outcomes. You'll influence key decisions that will build the foundation for our IT customization capabilities and member support, which will have a lasting impact.
Our ideal candidate is someone that has experience with multi-unit operations and supporting a complex range of business types and equipment, thinks strategically about how to scale member support as we rapidly increase our location count, and excels within a small, agile team.
This role will be based in New York City (HQ).
As the IT Director, you will:
- Build a high performing IT support network and culture focused on consistency, quality, velocity, and excellent customer service
- Define IT standards
- Create reporting to measure performance across a range of IT metrics
- Coordinate IT activities to ensure data availability and network services with as little downtime as necessary
- Support enterprise sales that often require more complex and customized IT solutions
- Support integration of newly built or acquired locations
- Manage the organization’s help desk (internal and external)
- Overseeing departmental finances, including budgeting and forecasting
- Identify security vulnerabilities and eliminate them with strategic solutions that increase data security
- Improve efficiencies of systems and technology onboarding and offboarding for employees.
- Direct and support the implementation of new software and hardware
- Own partner and vendor relationships
- Identify and recommend new technology solutions
- Oversee event/conference IT strategy and management
- 8+ years of experience in information technology
- 5+ years of experience managing a team within an IT environment
- Ability to articulate ideas to technical and non-technical audiences verbally and in writing
- Experience structuring IT services and AV offerings for a multi-location business.
- Have experience in the Governance, Risk and Compliance space and experience in IT security engineering including: Application Security, Cloud Security or Network Security
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, and NIST
- Understanding of existing and emerging technologies, including security innovations
- Ability to create innovative technical and business solutions
- Demonstrated experience with strategic project planning, mapping out major milestones and tactical to-dos required to achieve a goal
- Proven ability to lead and inspire technical teams to deliver exceptional results, to provide coaching and mentorship as our Technology team grows over time
- High degree of comfort working in a scrappy, fast-paced environment
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
Industrious in the News:
- The Continued Rise of Offices in a Virtual World: Industrious
- Flex-Office Provider Industrious Expands As Industry Contracts
- Future of Flex: How Employee Choice Could Change Offices for Good
- As Other Co-Working Spaces Struggle, Startup Industrious Stokes a Growing Niche