About the Company:
Industrious’ private offices and suites — the highest-rated workspaces in the industry — provide the most sustainable option for companies to manage newly distributed teams for the long term. We make it easy to find an office that works for you — even if you come in just once or twice a week. Recognized as one of America’s 500 fastest-growing companies in 2020 by Inc. Magazine, Industrious offers flexible terms and locations in more than 50 U.S. markets.
About the Role:
As the HR Business Partner, you will be instrumental in ensuring we have high performing, engaged teams and be responsible for delivering results. You’ll spend your time partnering with senior level managers in organization design, talent strategy, manager and leadership coaching, and in employee relations. You’ll touch multiple business lines, and have a significant impact on business outcomes.
You are not afraid to get your hands dirty, and can easily pivot from smaller administrative tasks to high level strategy work. You are nurturing and enjoy caring for our people and acting as an embodiment of Industrious’ culture. You love working with employees at all levels of the organization, you love to assess employee and team needs and make recommendations for appropriate solutions, and you are excited at the opportunity to build out new programs and initiatives.
You do not have an ego, you are open to suggestions and enjoy bouncing ideas off of your team. You are flexible and can deal with anything thrown at you at any given moment. When things are at their most chaotic, that’s when you’re at your best -- sifting through the ambiguity, being the calm voice in the room, and helping managers across the organization come to great solutions.
Leadership People Support:
- Provide strategic business partnership to ~15 leaders
- Partner with managers on org planning, performance management, change management, employee engagement & development, and conflict resolution
- Drive planning and implementation of company-wide HR initiatives such as Wellness programs and DE&I programs
- Manage and facilitate the overall Performance Management process in partnership with the L&D team
- Design and adapt our people processes as we scale, provide coaching and support to our leaders and managers
Coaching and Manager Development
- Deliver appropriate coaching and development feedback to managers and leaders
- When managers approach you with a problem, you can provide recommendations or tools needed to solve
- Maintain knowledge of local labor market trends
- Lead, investigate and resolve employee relations matters and investigations including workplace conflicts or allegations of policy and/or legal violations
- Evaluate and recommend best practices in the application of HR systems and policies
- Generalist knowledge of various employment laws and practices, with a specific knowledge about hourly populations, accrued sick time
- 7+ years of professional experience with demonstrated success in an HR Business Partner
- 5+ years of experience supporting multiple client groups of at least 100 employees
- Demonstrated success coaching, advising, and providing consultative support to leaders across multiple levels
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically with a track record of building new approaches, systems or creating unique new opportunities
- Demonstrated experience managing complex and cross-functional initiatives, processes, or projects
- Excitement around operating in ambiguous spaces and often reasoning through problems without a guidebook
- Comfort developing and leveraging systems and tools for data-driven decision-making and analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other great reasons to work with us.
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
Industrious in the News:
- The Continued Rise of Offices in a Virtual World: Industrious
- Flex-Office Provider Industrious Expands As Industry Contracts
- Future of Flex: How Employee Choice Could Change Offices for Good
- As Other Co-Working Spaces Struggle, Startup Industrious Stokes a Growing Niche