About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium flexible workspace provider in the U.S. with over 90 locations in more than 50 U.S. cities. Its Workplace Experience platform, which pairs thoughtfully-designed spaces with hospitality-driven services and amenities, has reshaped the concept of coworking into a scalable solution for companies of all sizes and stages. Since its founding in 2013, Industrious has helped thousands of companies scale their businesses while maintaining the highest NPS scores in the industry. For more information, visit www.industriousoffice.com.
Technology is at the heart of re-thinking commercial real estate and, as our Software Engineering Manager, you will play an integral role in materializing the Industrious vision. We are looking for managers who are excited about building technically advanced and sophisticated products. Products that will ease the lives of thousands of our members and clients while streamlining our operations, enabling Industrious to scale gracefully.
We look for people that thrive in small, focused, and highly collaborative teams, and are passionate about delivering high-quality digital products in a fast-paced environment. As one of the leaders on the team, you’ll collaborate with Product and other business units to create new and exciting technology solutions to expand our offerings of digital products, yet integrate them with and complement our existing products and architecture.
You'll influence key decisions, provide guidance and mentorship to your team, expanding our technology foundation, impacting and advancing the future of Industrious. The ideal candidate is someone that has proven experience building software solutions. Who is just as comfortable designing a system from the ground up, or when refactoring existing code. Who understands that great engineering teams are built upon relationships and collaboration just as much as they are built on an individual contributors’ spectacular work. Come and learn and grow while helping us grow!
This role is based in New York City.
As the Software Engineering Manager, you will:
- Guide and mentor your team everyday
- Be in the trenches coding and actively working with your team developing solutions
- Cross pollinate, learn and disseminate knowledge from other teams, generously share your expertise and your team's expertise
- Design and implement solutions while being mindful these are business-critical solutions
- Foster a culture of creating reliable products, using best coding practices, coding standards, unit testing, integration testing
- Create and foster a culture of us and our vs me and mine
- 6+ years of experience in software development
- CS degree (bachelors and/or masters) strongly preferred
- Enthusiastic about, and experienced with all aspects of an application.
- Just as comfortable building a user interface; designing and implementing data models; selecting suitable infrastructure; deploying applications to infrastructure.
- Must have prior experience with git (please provide GitHub link when applying) in an Agile development environment
- Experience with mobile app development (React Native or iOS/Android)
Bells and Whistles:
- Strong knowledge of backend database(SQL), DevOps(AWS)
- Knowledge of AWS ecosystem (EC2, Redshift, etc.)
- Object oriented experience (Java, C# etc.)
- Experience with WordPress, Salesforce, NetSuite, Zuora
- Experience with service-oriented architectures (SOAs) and enterprise service buses (ESB)
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News:
- Industrious CEO Sees Company as Less Risky Than WeWork
- Industrious' Jamie Hodari on the Return to Work
- Coworking Spaces Prepare To Welcome People Back, Expect the Industry To Grow