About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium flexible workspace provider in the U.S. with over 80 locations in more than 45 U.S. cities. Its Workplace Experience platform, which pairs thoughtfully-designed spaces with hospitality-driven services and amenities, has reshaped the concept of coworking into a scalable solution for companies of all sizes and stages. Since its founding in 2013, Industrious has helped thousands of companies scale their businesses while maintaining the highest NPS scores in the industry. For more information, visit www.industriousoffice.com.
About the Role:
As Director of Asset Management, you will own, maintain and monitor the health of Industrious’ growing portfolio of landlord partnerships by cultivating owner relationships and monitoring portfolio performance. You will be directly responsible for the seamless onboarding of our partnership agreements, working with both external and internal stakeholders. You will enhance long term portfolio value and support new business initiatives by leading the customer success work stream of our supply side business.
This is a unique opportunity to create the Partner Relations function at Industrious. Join a high-performing team in the early stages of its expansion in a highly entrepreneurial, high-visibility role with significant growth potential. The successful candidate has experience with asset management, partner relations, commercial real estate, managing a team, and a strong work ethic.
This role will report to the SVP of Real Estate and be based in New York.
- Set the vision for scaling asset management / partner relations at Industrious
- Drive and maintain strong ongoing landlord relationships
- Serve as the point person between landlord partners, operations and real estate through the life cycle of locations
- Coordinate among external and internal cross-functional teams to successfully onboard negotiated agreements
- Create the regular reporting framework for existing landlord portfolios
- Lead discussions with landlords and operations teams around performance against budget or underwriting
- Identify any systemic business issues and work with internal stakeholders in real estate, operations, sales and marketing to propose and execute strong solutions
- Monitor performance, investment thresholds and financial obligations across the portfolio of assets through the lifecycle of deals, including capital improvements
- Create and improve internal and external reporting tools and resources to aid in project and portfolio level review
- Lead lease and management contract extensions, re-ups and terminations within the existing portfolio
- 6 - 8 years of experience in commercial real estate, with at least 2 - 3 years of experience in an asset management role
- Strong financial reporting, process improvement, negotiation and communication skills
- Proven track record of building a successful reporting framework, maintaining financial and legal obligations of a portfolio of assets, and building and maintaining relationships with owners and related parties
- Ability to build trusting relationships with operations teams and key client stakeholders
- High emotional intelligence with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent judgment, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Willingness to travel up to 40% of the time
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News:
- How Industrious is changing the coworking Industry
- Industrious CEO Sees Company as Less Risky Than WeWork
- Strong Margins to Protect WeWork Rival 'Industrious' from Recession: CEO