About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium flexible workspace provider in the U.S. with over 80 locations in more than 45 U.S. cities. Its Workplace Experience platform, which pairs thoughtfully-designed spaces with hospitality-driven services and amenities, has reshaped the concept of coworking into a scalable solution for companies of all sizes and stages. Since its founding in 2013, Industrious has helped thousands of companies scale their businesses while maintaining the highest NPS scores in the industry. For more information, visit www.industriousoffice.com.
About the Role:
As Director of Partner Relations, you will own, maintain and monitor the health of Industrious’ growing portfolio of landlord partnerships by cultivating owner relationships and monitoring portfolio performance. You will be directly responsible for the seamless onboarding of our partnership agreements, working with both external and internal stakeholders. You will enhance long term portfolio value and support new business initiatives by leading the customer success work stream of our supply side business.
This is a unique opportunity to join a high-performing team in the early stages of its expansion in a highly entrepreneurial, high-visibility role with significant growth potential.The successful candidate has experience with asset management, partner relations, commercial real estate, managing a team, and a strong work ethic.
This role will report to the Senior Director of Real Estate and be based in Union Square, Manhattan.
- Drive and maintain strong ongoing owner relationships and share progress with the Development team to aid in closing and negotiating new deals
- Coordinate among external and internal cross-functional teams to successfully onboard negotiated agreements
- Develop and execute landlord portfolio strategies to support Unit Ops in existing locations
- Communicate and coordinate with owners, property managers and internal stakeholders (incl. Design, Construction, Legal and Launch), to ensure all parties are meeting obligations and identifying / mitigating risks and potential issues
- Lead lease and management contract extensions, re-ups and terminations within the existing portfolio
- Work with Finance and Unit Ops on the creation and ongoing maintenance of location specific annual budgeting, re-forecasting and financial reporting reviews
- Monitor performance, investment thresholds and financial obligations across the portfolio of assets through the lifecycle of deals, including capital improvements
- Conduct project level analysis to ensure proforma metrics are met; identify any systemic business issues and propose and execute strong solutions
- Create and improve internal and external reporting tools and resources to aid in project and portfolio level review
- 6 - 8 years of related professional experience, with at least 2 - 3 years of experience in an asset management role and 2 - 4 years of experience in commercial real estate (asset management, finance, owner relations)
- Strong financial reporting, process improvement, negotiation and communication skills
- Proven track record of building a successful reporting framework, maintaining financial and legal obligations of a portfolio of assets, and building and maintaining relationships with owners and related parties
- High emotional intelligence with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent judgment, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News:
- Meet Industrious CEO: The Entrepreneur That Raised $150 Million To Take On WeWork
- There's a new use for America's dying malls: co-working
- Industrious Buys TechSpace, Adding Seven New Locations to Portfolio