About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium flexible workspace provider in the U.S. with over 80 locations in more than 40 U.S. cities. Its Workplace Experience platform, which pairs thoughtfully-designed spaces with hospitality-driven services and amenities, has reshaped the concept of coworking into a scalable solution for companies of all sizes and stages. Since its founding in 2013, Industrious has helped thousands of companies scale their businesses while maintaining the highest NPS scores in the industry. For more information, visit www.industriousoffice.com.
About the Role:
As Real Estate Manager, you will help execute Industrious’ global network expansion strategy. You will be directly responsible for building your pipeline of landlord partnerships across a range of deal structures, driving transactions from initial sourcing and site selection through structuring, negotiation, documentation, and execution.
This is a unique opportunity to join a high-performing team in the early stages of its expansion in a highly entrepreneurial, high-visibility role with significant growth potential. The successful candidate has some business development and transactional experience, commercial real estate knowledge, solid communication and analytical skills, and a strong work ethic.
This role will report to the Director of Real Estate and be based in New York City.
- Work with Real Estate team leadership to build and develop relationships with landlords, brokers, and other decision-makers; effectively communicate our value proposition and source transactions
- Oversee your individual pipeline to maintain viable opportunities at the top, middle and bottom of the funnel to achieve designated goals
- Negotiate and execute multi-unit portfolio and/or individual transactions to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns and thoughtful solutions to Industrious and our landlord partners
- Collaborate cross functionally to advance site selection, design and construction planning, Investment Committee approval, negotiation, and internal deal onboarding
- Prepare deal books and make recommendations to Investment Committee supported by a well-prepared investment thesis, supporting materials and qualitative data
- Support Real Estate team members as needed to drive deal flow
- Drive Real Estate team initiatives and develop tools / processes that support the Real Estate team and scale growth
- 3 - 5 years of related professional experience, with at least 2 years of experience in commercial real estate (asset management, acquisitions, or development)
- Negotiation and site selection experience strongly preferred
- Strong financial modeling, underwriting and other analytical skills
- High emotional intelligence with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent judgment, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel up to 40% of the time
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings (ex. Dinners, rock climbing, yoga classes and more!)
- Company-wide outings and retreats (previous locations have included New Orleans & the Hamptons)
Industrious in the News:
- Meet Industrious CEO: The Entrepreneur That Raised $150 Million To Take On WeWork
- There's a new use for America's dying malls: co-working
- Industrious Buys TechSpace, Adding Seven New Locations to Portfolio