About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium flexible workspace provider in the U.S. with over 80 locations in more than 40 U.S. cities. Its Workplace Experience platform, which pairs thoughtfully-designed spaces with hospitality-driven services and amenities, has reshaped the concept of coworking into a scalable solution for companies of all sizes and stages. Since its founding in 2013, Industrious has helped thousands of companies scale their businesses while maintaining the highest NPS scores in the industry. For more information, visit www.industriousoffice.com.
About the Role:
As a Junior Estimator at Industrious, you'll be responsible for providing estimating resources to the Project Management, Design and Real Estate Departments. This role is a fantastic opportunity to further develop cost estimating skills in a dynamically changing environment, take an active role in building an innovative and efficient estimating system, and gain direct exposure into the real estate, design and hospitality industries from the owner's perspective. It’s an exciting time to contribute to creation and process improvement at Industrious.
We’re seeking an individual with 3-8 years of experience within the Construction industry and interest in continuous innovation. The Junior Estimator role is an engaging position that requires strong construction cost analysis capabilities, knowledge of construction methodologies, and a proven track record estimating accurate commercial interiors or interior work.
This role will report to the Construction Estimator, be based in New York City and require limited travel.
- Provide cost estimates and support to project management, real estate, enterprise, product, facilities and special projects teams. Estimates will range from conceptual to detailed
- Identify trends and analyze case studies and cost data, communicate to the design and construction team monthly
- Support in creating new estimating tools in addition to managing and maintaining existing tools and databases
- Provide support to product team in cost validation and analysis of proposed portfolio level design changes
- Support in creating construction database strategy and collaboration with business intelligence team
- Bachelors in Engineering or Architecture or equivalent degree required, or at least 5 years in design and construction industry
- 3-8 years in estimating, project management or equivalent experience, focused on cost estimating, take offs, bid analysis and leveling, conceptual estimating service and small projects estimating experience
- Experience with construction projects across multiple US regions
- Capacity to analyze complex problems and make decisions in a timely manner
- Ability to identify variations in construction costs driven by local market conditions
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks conforming to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities while consistently meeting deadlines
- Ability to work independently and proactively to develop solutions
- Excellent practical knowledge of design and construction methods and MEP systems
- Experience in cost estimation and negotiating, creating bid packages, contract awards, and cost reports.
- Strong Excel skills, pivot tables, array formulas, and large spreadsheets management and data entry/maintenance knowledge.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Blue Beam and Google Suite
- Enthusiastic about innovation and process improvement
- Enthusiastic about widening estimating skills
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings (ex. Dinners, rock climbing, yoga classes and more!)
- Company-wide outings and retreats (previous locations have included New Orleans & the Hamptons)
Industrious in the News:
- Meet Industrious CEO: The Entrepreneur That Raised $150 Million To Take On WeWork
- There's a new use for America's dying malls: co-working
- Industrious Buys TechSpace, Adding Seven New Locations to Portfolio