About the Company:
Technology is at the heart of re-thinking commercial real estate and, as our Software Engineering Manager, you will play an integral role in shaping how we make our vision a reality.
We're looking for engineers who are excited about building technically sophisticated products to improve the services we deliver to thousands of members and enable Industrious' operations to scale gracefully. We are looking for people that thrive in small, focused, and highly collaborative teams and is passionate about delivering high-quality, maintainable code in a fast-paced environment. We're currently hiring Senior Software Engineers with 6-10 years of experience.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, you’ll work with the Product team and other business units to implement suitable technology that aligns with Industrious' overall systems architecture and data strategy. You'll influence key decisions that will build the foundation for our technical products, which will have a lasting impact.
Our ideal candidate is someone that has experience with architecting and building software solutions, is comfortable both designing a system from the ground up and making small improvements to the code base, and understands that great engineering teams are built upon relationships just as much as they are built on awesome code.
This role is based in New York City.
As the Software Engineering Manager, you will:
- Implement suitable solutions that align with Industrious' overall systems architecture and data strategy
- Maintain & execute enhancements to existing systems, while minimizing impact Industrious’ members or employees
- Ensure our core systems and data are integrated, avoiding data silos
- Deliver high-quality code, in accordance with best practices
- Future-proof proposed solutions by anticipating likely needs and implementing them with future growth in mind
- Design and implement solutions while being mindful of the challenges associated with business-critical solutions
- Create test cases, unit-tests, and automation scripts as appropriate
- 6+ years of experience in software development
- CS degree (bachelors and/or masters) strongly preferred
- Must have prior experience with git (please provide GitHub link when applying)
- Prior experience with mobile app development (iOS and Android, perhaps using React Native) and web app development strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of SQL and databases is strongly preferred
- Strong DevOps experience a plus, including working knowledge of AWS ecosystem (EC2, Redshift, etc.) strongly preferred
- Prior experience with dockerization and Heroku is a plus
- Strong Java experience is a plus
- Excitement about and experience in working in all aspects of an application: you're as comfortable building user interfaces as you are designing and implementing the data models and the infrastructure that power them
- Ability to create innovative technical and business solutions where none exist or need revision
- Work ethic based on a discipline of clean and maintainable code
- Prior experience with WordPress, Salesforce, NetSuite, and/or Zuora is a plus
- Prior experience with service-oriented architectures (SOAs) and enterprise service buses (ESB) is a plus
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings (ex. Dinners, rock climbing, yoga classes and more!)
- Company-wide outings and retreats (previous locations have included New Orleans & the Hamptons)
Industrious in the News:
- Meet Industrious CEO: The Entrepreneur That Raised $150 Million To Take On WeWork
- There's a new use for America's dying malls: co-working
- Industrious Buys TechSpace, Adding Seven New Locations to Portfolio