About the Company:
About the Role
As the Director of Real Estate you will help shape and execute Industrious’ global location growth strategy. You will be directly responsible for building your team's pipeline of landlord partnerships across a range of deal structures, while owning some of the company's most complex transactions.
This is a unique opportunity to join a high performing team in the early stages of its expansion, in a highly entrepreneurial, high-visibility role with significant growth potential. The successful candidate has considerable business development and transactional experience, commercial real estate knowledge, managerial experience, and a strong work ethic.
This role will initially report to Senior Vice President of Real Estate/Head of North America and be based in Union Square, Manhattan.
- Develop, refine and communicate clear growth strategies and plans for your target markets and/or national landlord partners
- Build and develop relationships with landlords, brokers, and other decision-makers to effectively communicate our value proposition and source transactions
- Oversee your team's pipeline to maintain viable opportunities at the top, middle and bottom of the funnel to achieve designated goals; analyze performance to identify opportunities and gaps
- Hire, train and manage a team of 2-5 people initially, while cultivating a supportive and ambitious team environment
- Negotiate and execute complex transactions to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns and thoughtful solutions to Industrious and our landlord partners
- Collaborate cross functionally to advance site selection, design and construction planning, Investment Committee approval, negotiation, and internal deal onboarding
- Drive strategic cross-functional initiatives and develop tools / processes that support the company and scale growth
- 5-8 years of related professional experience, with 1-2 years of experience in a business development role and 3-5 years of experience in commercial real estate (asset management, acquisitions, or development)
- Strong financial modeling, underwriting and other analytical skills
- Proven track record of building successful relationships with landlords, developers and brokers in a transactional capacity
- High emotional intelligence with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent judgment, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel up to 40% of the time
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings (ex. Dinners, rock climbing, yoga classes and more!)
- Company-wide outings and retreats (previous locations have included New Orleans & the Hamptons)
Industrious in the News:
- Meet Industrious CEO: The Entrepreneur That Raised $150 Million To Take On WeWork
- There's a new use for America's dying malls: co-working
- Industrious Buys TechSpace, Adding Seven New Locations to Portfolio