About the Company:
About the Role:
This role is ideal for someone with either real estate or finance experience who wants to innovate the real estate industry. The Transaction Associate will play an integral role in supporting the company’s expansion and executing an aggressive growth strategy via landlord partnerships. The ideal person will be hungry for meaningful and challenging responsibility at a rapidly-growing company.
The next 2-3 years will be strategically critical as the coworking industry matures and real estate industry stakeholders adapt to the new landscape. As a Transaction Associate, you will support a team of managers and directors in all functions of the real estate process. Your work will be vital to building landlord relationships and scaling the network across all product categories.
The role is based in New York City and reports directly to the Senior Real Estate Manager.
- Support a team of managers and directors in all functions of the real estate process, including underwriting and financial analysis, market analysis, preparing presentations for landlords and investment committee and negotiation.
- Manage project coordination and priorities across internal teams, including design, construction, and legal, as well as external parties (landlords, brokers, consultants, etc.).
- Drive the transaction process to ensure deals are progressing quickly that meet the company’s investment criteria. Manage deal flow to maintain numerous viable opportunities at the top, middle and bottom of the real estate funnel.
- Analyze pipeline performance against goals at all stages of the deal cycle, from origination through execution, to identify risks and opportunities for all projects.
- Develop new tools and process that support the real estate team and help scale growth.
- 2-3 years of professional experience in commercial real estate or a related field, investment banking, management consulting, asset management/development or with a strong interest in and working knowledge of commercial real estate.
- Advanced experience in modeling, preferably with a focus in real estate, and a comprehensive grasp of real estate fundamentals.
- Very strong project management skills; can execute and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously with proven ability to multitask, prioritize and take ownership in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to think outside the box and beyond the traditional real estate investment mindset.
- Excellent judgment with strong writing and communication skills.
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings (ex. Dinners, rock climbing, yoga classes and more!)
- Company-wide outings and retreats (previous locations have included New Orleans & the Hamptons)
Industrious in the News:
- Meet Industrious CEO: The Entrepreneur That Raised $150 Million To Take On WeWork
- There's a new use for America's dying malls: co-working
- Industrious Buys TechSpace, Adding Seven New Locations to Portfolio