Industrious is the largest premium coworking solution and flexible workspace provider in the U.S, with 50+ locations in 33 cities across the country. We partner with companies big and small to create productivity-driven workplace experiences that complement beautiful spaces with world-class hospitality. We are committed to the vision that everyone deserves to experience the pride and meaning that you get out of a great day at work. With $142 million in funding to-date, we are well-positioned to continue our rapid growth in the US and beyond.
As we enter our next phase of growth, our experienced leadership team is looking for hard-working people at all levels who are ready to join a warm, collaborative, and positive team dedicated to reclaiming the workplace experience. For more information, visit www.industriousoffice.com.
Industrious by the Numbers:
- Annual growth rate (2015-2018): >120%
- Average Net Promoter Score (NPS): >70%
- Gross member churn: <5%
- Number of employees: 180
- Number of locations: 12 (2016), 23 (2017), 54 (2018), 115 (2019E)
- Funding to date: $142 million
- Employee engagement: 15-30% above industry benchmarks
About the Role:
Scaling any business as rapidly as we are is both exciting and challenging. We’re lucky to be working with a product we know thousands of people across the country love, a strong financial position, and a team of fantastic people. Our task for the years ahead is to build off our exceptional business and team fundamentals to aggressively grow our network and become landlords’ partner of choice for all flexible commercial uses.
You will report to the Head of HR and partner with HQ National Team leaders across multiple functions of our coworking business to ensure we have a high performing, highly engaged team to deliver on our ambitious service quality and financial growth goals. Today, the business has ~200 employees spanning 50 locations in 20 cities, and will double in size over the next 12 months. Doing this will require you to design and adapt our people processes as we scale, provide coaching and support to our National Team leadership and managers and work in collaboration with our HR functional groups (Recruiting, L&D, etc.) to ensure we have tailored, highly effective strategies in place.
This role is based in New York. We kindly request that you do not call Industrious locations for employment inquiries.
- Provide strategic business partnership to HQ National Team leaders and managers with a clear focus on performance management, change management, employee engagement & development, and conflict resolution
- Assess employee and team development needs and make recommendations for appropriate solutions
- Deliver appropriate coaching and development feedback to managers and leaders
- Maintain knowledge of local labor market trends and partner with Recruiting to implement competitive hiring strategies to attract and retain top talent
- Evaluate and recommend best practices in the application of HR systems and policies
- Co-facilitate learning and development programs
- Investigate and resolve employee relations matters and investigations including workplace conflicts or allegations of policy and/or legal violations
- 7+ years of professional experience with demonstrated success in the key responsibilities for this role - namely manager coaching, employee engagement & development, handling employee relations issues
- 5+ years of experience supporting a client group of at least 100 employees
- Demonstrated success coaching, advising, and providing consultative support to leaders across multiple levels
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically with a track record of building new approaches, systems or creating unique new opportunities
- Demonstrated experience managing complex and cross-functional initiatives, processes, or projects
- Comfort developing and leveraging systems and tools for data-driven decision-making and analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings (ex. Dinners, rock climbing, yoga classes and more!)
- Company-wide outings and retreats (previous locations have included New Orleans & the Hamptons)
Industrious in the News:
- Industrious raises $80 million to double coworking sites in 2018
- Industrious Raises $80M in Funding Co-Led by Fifth Wall, Riverwood
- Is Industrious Like A Four Seasons? CEO Hodari Seems to Think So
- Blackstone's EQ Office Brings New Coworking Model to Howard Hughes Center