About the Company:
As we enter our next phase of growth, our experienced leadership team is looking for hard-working people at all levels who are ready to join a warm, collaborative, and positive team dedicated to reclaiming the workplace experience. For more information, visit www.industriousoffice.com.
At Industrious, product is everything.
Our product is the experience of our customers, from the moment they learn about us to the day they leave. Our product is the physical design of our spaces, the walls we put up, the breakfast bar in the cafe, the couches in our common areas. Our product is the website people use to find us and the digital tools we provide once they’re a member.
The Product Team is responsible for setting the vision and strategy for our suite of products that elevate the workplace experience and drive business outcomes. And we’re just getting started.
The Workplace Design Strategist will be responsible for creating and iterating our flexible workplace platform, including our national network of coworking spaces. You will report to the Head of Product Design, working closely with business stakeholders and clients to seek out new ideas that solve real problems. As an early member of our team, you will have the opportunity to touch and influence every aspect of product design and innovate on what it means to deliver a great day at work.
Who You Are:
- You are an experienced designer with a demonstrable passion for building user-centered physical spaces
- You are adept at prioritization, even in the face of multiple conflicting or ambiguous inputs
- You are a creative problem solver, using insights from customer research, competitive intelligence, and internal data to design physical spaces that directly address customer and business pain points
- You are a communicator and leader, able to share your design concepts and vision clearly and convincingly
- You understand the power of experimentation and can help set up experiments and feedback loops to know whether we delivered the results that we planned for
- You are excited to solve product challenges that merge digital technology and physical design and you are driven to work at the cross-section of these spaces
What You Will Do:
- Serve as a product expert, working closely with stakeholders and customers to create innovative workplace-as-a-service solutions from concept to completion
- Be responsible for product success by setting, measuring and achieving product goals
- Build product frameworks and processes that empower other teams to execute with clarity and efficiency
- Develop and maintain Industrious Product Guidelines
- Develop design concepts, define program requirements and provide recommendations specific to interior architectural design, furniture, technologies and other infrastructure
- Provide thought leadership in the area of workplace strategy through knowledge sharing, participation and facilitation to help evolve the workplace, people within it and the technologies used
- Develop both quantitative and qualitative tools for the analysis of data related to space planning, occupancy, workplace performance, and real estate strategies
- Work closely with Operations - Business Intelligence, Real Estate and Construction teams to benchmark specific metrics to gauge competitiveness in cost, quantity, efficiency, and productivity
- Lead meetings with internal / external team members and project stakeholders defining key goals and objectives
- Lead initiatives and special projects, as required, in support of departmental and business objectives
- Help us grow an incredible product culture
- 5~ years of relevant work experience in architecture and design planning at a strategic level, plus experience with corporate interior design
- Bachelor Degree in Architecture, Interior Design or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge in programming, project planning and design with the ability to create effective solutions meeting universal design and building code requirements while incorporating workplace strategies
- Ability to switch between tactical execution, high-level strategic planning and innovation sessions with internal and external partners
- Expert in requirement gathering, program development, capacity planning and solving complex programmatic challenges
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills
- Excellent visualization and rendering skills
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills
- Excels at problem solving with excellent analytical, quantitative, interpersonal and communication skills
- Process oriented and capacity to assess and shift priorities as required in order to ensure deadlines are met
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Revit
- Excellent knowledge of and skills in utilizing AutoCAD software, Dynamo and/or Grasshopper, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Excel and Google Docs
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings (ex. Dinners, rock climbing, yoga classes and more!)
- Company-wide outings and retreats (previous locations have included New Orleans & the Hamptons)
Industrious in the News:
- Meet Industrious CEO: The Entrepreneur That Raised $150 Million To Take On WeWork
- There's a new use for America's dying malls: co-working
- Industrious Buys TechSpace, Adding Seven New Locations to Portfolio
Industrious is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees and applicants without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.