About the Company:
Industrious is a premium workplace platform and coworking solution. We are reinventing how people work by creating elegant, welcoming environments and delivering amazing hospitality that makes people excited and proud to come to work. With a seasoned leadership team, a long list of brand-name clients and $142 million in funding to-date, Industrious is well-positioned for rapid growth, as we continue to scale our network across the US.
All of this is driven by our amazing team. Here’s a quote from our most recent team survey: “I've never worked with a team of such smart, engaged, kind, empathetic people before. I am always proud and excited to work with our team and to help my teammates grow. Industrious' culture is welcoming, encouraging, and fun, making me feel appreciated as an employee and part of a tight-knit team.”
We kindly request that you do not call Industrious locations for employment inquiries.
About the Role:
At Industrious, product is everything.
It’s what shapes our customers’ experience, from the moment they learn about us to the day they leave. Our products are informed by our emphasis on hospitality and attention to detail, and this has traditionally been most visible in our physical spaces – the light-filled offices, the custom-made wood desks, the carefully laid out breakfast bars.
We now have a massive opportunity in front of us to craft an equally exceptional experience through digital, which will have a widespread impact on our ability to deliver a richer and more productive day at work.
The Product Team is responsible for setting the vision and strategy for products that elevate the workplace experience and drive business outcomes. Our work is the result of constantly seeking out new ideas to solve real problems.
The Product Designer, Digital will be responsible for creating a holistic digital experience that works in conjunction with our physical spaces and hospitality services. You will report to the Head of Product Design to deliver the functional, aesthetic and experiential design for our company website, member portal, mobile apps and beyond.
Who You Are:
- You are an exceptional designer with significant experience designing for web and mobile. Your strong design fundamentals are evident in all of your work.
- You have great depth in visual and interaction design, but your curiosity has led you to pick up skills that span multiple disciplines, such as usability testing or prototyping in code.
- You are a creative problem solver, using insights from customer research, competitive intelligence, and internal data to deliver solutions that directly address customer and business pain points.
- You understand the power of experimentation and can help set up experiments and feedback loops to know whether we delivered the results that we planned for.
What You Will Do:
- Serve as a user experience design expert as we define new product lines and iterate on existing features, working closely with the tech, product management and member experience teams to ensure our digital products are valuable, usable and feasible.
- Deliver intuitive and elegant designs for all stages of digital production, from concept to completion.
- Create and maintain a design system that delivers a consistent and on-brand experience throughout all of our digital products.
- Participate heavily in customer/market research to translate insights into design solutions and push the evolution of our product.
- Run A/B tests and other experiments to constantly improve KPIs.
- Collaborate with product managers to deliver product marketing and training materials for marketing and sales.
- Help us grow an incredible digital design culture.
- At least 3-5 years designing SaaS or customer-facing products with a strong emphasis on visual and interaction design.
- Proven ability to raise conversion metrics through design.
- Strong understanding of how to conduct user research and usability testing.
- Academic background in Design, HCI, or substantial relevant experience.
- Link to online portfolio that clearly demonstrates the above.
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings (ex. Dinners, rock climbing, yoga classes and more!)
- Company-wide outings and retreats (previous locations have included New Orleans & the Hamptons)
Industrious in the News:
- Industrious raises $80 million to double coworking sites in 2018
- Industrious Raises $80M in Funding Co-Led by Fifth Wall, Riverwood
- Is Industrious Like A Four Seasons? CEO Hodari Seems to Think So
- Industrious buys PivotDesk, raises $25M to be WeWork without startup bros
Industrious is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees and applicants without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.