Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Would you like to work at a fast-growing SaaS company? Are you a leader interested in the health, benefits, and insurance industries? Do you get excited about navigating compliance in a highly regulated industry especially when focused on Product/Engineering, Legal, and Operations teams? Join our Compliance Team to build and support employer benefits products!
We are passionate about using innovative technology and excellent service to elevate the health and benefits experience of small business owners and their employees. Each team member is a true owner and makes a tremendous impact every day. You will use your health and insurance expertise along with project-management skills to streamline compliance and ensure that our agency and our products are built the right way. You shine in a fast-paced environment and thrive on the success of a job well done. You have demonstrated leadership capabilities and are able to train members of relevant teams. You are the type of person who will leave no stone left unturned when navigating complex regulations, legislation, and court decisions that affect the health and benefits world. When you say “I’ll take care of it” we know it’ll be done well.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Advise our tech insurance agency on how to meet state and federal regulatory requirements in managing health, life, disability, and other benefits for small businesses.
- Review relationships with third parties like insurance companies. This means reviewing third parties regularly for continued adherence to our safety and security standards and to secure any information shared with them. Auditing these entities and managing audits that they request of us will be a regular requirement.
- Research and support processes that are subject to PPACA, HIPAA, and other HHS, DOL, and state insurance requirements. You will have the opportunity to work with our security and engineering teams to ensure that our environments and products are built to meet HIPAA standards. You will also work with customer experience and sales teams to ensure that they are meeting state/federal requirements related to HIPAA and other state requirements.
- Review commissions, rebates, and other regulatory requirements in relation to operations and sales processes in order to ensure that we are meeting state regulatory requirements.
- Meet with operations and sales teams, develop relationships with them to better understand how they interact with our products and our customers’ data in order to identify vulnerabilities and potential improvements.
- Work closely with other compliance and legal teams to ensure that we are coordinating efforts and raising potential risks early to mitigate and resolve those risks.
- Constantly analyze, refine, and iterate on internal processes to make them simpler and more efficient.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in the health, insurance, and/or benefits world
- Demonstrated experience working with state insurance requirements and HIPAA or other federal/state requirements related to health and insurance
- Approach problems with a passion for reducing operational inefficiencies and pain points
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional teams in a start-up environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience auditing technology platforms
- JD or Compliance-related Certificate preferred
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.