Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
At Gusto, we are building the world-class people platform for small businesses, and our growth engineering team is laser-focused on finding new and innovative ways to bring users on to it. The team operates in a fast-paced, data-driven environment where the goal is to optimize for learning to improve all points of the journey of becoming a customer.
We strongly value end-to-end ownership. Gusto’s growth engineers apply an entrepreneurial mindset to their day-to-day, working cross-functionally to master the ins and outs of the business, and using that knowledge to guide their work across a diverse tech stack, from creating front-end experiments, to working deep inside the product.
Here's what you'll do day-to-day:
- Own what you build as you architect, test, and refine Gusto’s product suite
- Tackle a wide variety of technical problems throughout the stack and contribute daily to all parts of our product code base
- Collaborate with our product management and design teams to understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch daily
- Build a product that our customers genuinely love. Don't just take our word for it - check out what some customers have to say.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- At least 5 years of full-stack software engineering experience
- Ability to deliver high-quality code across a diverse tech stack
- Strong communication and cross-functional partnership skills
- Strong critical thinking skills, and an obsession with making data-driven decisions
- Self-driven mindset, and the ability to work on a mix of open ended-experiment ideas and projects with detailed specifications
- Willingness to learn, and mentor others
- Experience with ES6, Ruby/Rails or similar (Django, Express, Play, etc.), and React or similar (Backbone, Angular, Ember, Vue, etc.)
- Experience working on Growth Engineering at another company
- Experience with event analytics (Amplitude, Mixpanel, Kissmetrics, etc.) and experimentation (A/B, multivariate)
- Comfortable working with data and digging into numbers to find issues and insights.
- Loves thinking outside the box to come up with creative growth projects
Learn more about the team:
- Our Engineering Culture and Values
- How We Built a Service-Driven Team
- Our Diversity Goals and Efforts
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.