Who We Are
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
About the Role:
At Motive, we believe that carriers operate most effectively when their chosen vendors work together. We’re looking for someone who is excellent at building relationships, is hyper-organized at managing complex projects, and skilled at getting cross-functional teams like product and marketing to work toward a unified and measurable goal. This role will involve close partnership with our product, sales, ops, and marketing teams, as we work closely with our most strategic partners to jointly build out new product features, streamline user experiences, and go to market hand-in-hand.
You should have a keen understanding of how to align incentives, as well as a general familiarity with modern API technologies so that you can understand what’s possible, and what’s not. The ideal candidate will have operating experience in an entrepreneurial, fast-moving environment, and will be an expert in driving strategic alignment among cross-functional stakeholders.
What You'll Do:
- Market research to identify and evaluate new potential partnerships with fuel providers by following market trends and identifying opportunities
- Own the entire deal process, from finding the right partners, negotiating the deals, rallying internal teams behind your vision, closing, and launching the partnership
- Deeply understand how Motive’s product works and work closely with the Product team to problem solve and deliver on Motive's objectives by leveraging third parties
- Identify and develop new offerings to collaborate with our partners to drive industry leadership and new business opportunities
- Monitor overall profitability of Partnership business lines
- Build deep relationships with key stakeholders within Motive, along with key players outside of the company
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience working in partnerships, growth operations, and/or sales leadership role. Ideally, you would have experience driving enterprise scale partnerships within a high-growth environment
- Proven understanding of channel operations and sales processes, systems, and tools
- An organizational bridge builder; someone who knows how to quickly drive alignment and build momentum across the organization, as well as influence without authority
- Tremendous work ethic; strong bias-to-action
- Strong data orientation; demonstrated experience using data to determine where to invest energy and resources
- Domain experience within the commercial fuel industry, as well as the broader transportation and logistics industry
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.