Who We Are
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
About the Role:
The Mid-Market Account Executive is a highly motivated self-starter responsible for developing and closing net-new business and expanding our offering with current customers. Our Mid Market AEs have a strong ownership attitude and are responsible for owning the end-to-end sale.
A successful Mid Market AE is coachable, receptive to feedback, has a willingness to learn and is open to embracing continuous improvement. Strong interpersonal skills, a strong technical aptitude, a high attention to detail and a natural ability to convey and relate ideas to others are required for this role. Because of the collaborative nature of our Sales team, a win-as-a-team mentality is a must. In this high-energy role, you should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, quota-driven environment and be flexible with changing processes.
This individual's territory will be within the Western US, and will be fully remote.
What You'll Do:
- You will be responsible for driving sales process with prospective customers
- Achieve all individual activity and revenue targets set by the company
- Bring feedback from customers and prospects to the product and engineering teams
- Provide recommendations based on a prospect’s business needs and negotiate contract terms
- Work across multiple departments to ensure common objectives are reached
What We're Looking For:
- 4+ years of demonstrated success and direct sales experience in B2B sales
- Ability to work 6-month sales cycles with an average annual revenue per deal of $60k
- A true “hunter” mentality who strives for the close
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced, quota-driven environment
- Commitment to outbound prospecting, managing and closing deals
- Experience selling into transportation, logistics, compliance and/or safety a plus
- Understanding of technical tools: Salesforce, SalesLoft, Google Suite, Slack etc.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.