- Design, develop, document and implement solutions for Glooko's Diabetes Data Management platform
- Develop, test, or modify programs, based on and related to user or system design specifications
- Write code that is scalable, modular, maintainable, reusable, and well-tested
- Optimize complex data models for understandability and performance
- Collaborate with members of the design team – both technical as well as business owners - to identify requirements and design new products or extensions to existing products
- Provide technical oversight to the development process including code reviews and mentoring of the technical team
- Deliver solutions end-to-end with a focus on hitting delivery milestones. Experience in an agile development environment and understanding of agile/lean delivery methods is required
- Design, develop and oversee unit tests to ensure application logic is fully exercised for each application component
- Communicate effectively with team and clients on stages and project completion goals or dates
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 8+ years working experience in software development
- Hands-on experience with REST APIs and Microservices
- Proven professional experience in designing, developing and maintaining multi-tier applications
- Experience scaling external facing web based applications
- You have experience with NoSQL databases
- You have experience with containerization platforms (Docker) and container orchestration tools
- You have experience with Microservices Architectures and AWS Lambda
- You have proven professional experience in designing, developing and maintaining multi-tier application systems and good understanding of distributed systems
- You demonstrate ability to mentor other software developers to maintain software quality and adopt right architectural principles
- You have a deep understanding of functional and design patterns with a focus on performance, security and scalability.You have experience and knowledge of Scrum and Agile tools. JIRA and Atlassian tools experience is a plus
There are over 420 million people in the world with diabetes and Glooko helps those people, as well as their physicians and care team, manage the disease more easily and cost effectively. Glooko is the Unified Platform for Diabetes Management providing an FDA cleared, HIPAA compliant Web and Mobile (iOS and Android) application for people with diabetes and the clinicians who treat them. The platform seamlessly unifies data from over 50 of the leading blood glucose meters, insulin pumps, continuous glucose monitors, activity trackers, and biometric devices to deliver insights that improve personal and clinical decision support.
Glooko’s mobile app and web dashboard enable patients to easily track and proactively manage all aspects of their diabetes care. Glooko’s Population Tracker and APIs offer diabetes-centric analytics and supply insightful reports, graphs and pattern-triggered notifications to patients, health systems, and payers. The Glooko platform also allows customers and third-party developers to create branded modules for Glooko users.
Launched in 2010, Glooko is funded and managed by visionary technologists and leaders in healthcare.
Glooko Benefits Include:
- Have a meaningful impact on people’s lives
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Pre-IPO stock incentives
- Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, and transportation incentives
- Annual reimbursement on fitness expenses (gym memberships, running shoes, yoga classes, etc.)
- 401(k) matching program
- Valuable experience in the rapidly growing mobile health industry
Glooko provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Glooko complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free referrals.