We’re looking for a senior accounts payable assistant to join us here at GWI. Not just any senior accounts payable assistant though. Someone ambitious and genuine, who works best in the midst of a collaborative and forward-thinking team. That’s because as a GWIer you’ll be immersed in the fast-moving world of data tech. We think big to make an impact, we’re not afraid to ask why, and we always show respect. Those values are what got us where we are today, and they’re a big part of what we’re looking for in you.
About the job
We’re looking for a senior accounts payable assistant to join us here at GWI. Someone hard working, ambitious and genuine, who works best in the mindset of a collaborative and forward-thinking team. You will be working with a fun loving and friendly Finance Team/AP Team who thrive in the fast paced environment. So if you love problem solving & a challenge
What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for the Accounts Payable function of all GWI forex entities (US, Singapore, Greece and Czech Republic)
- Match invoices against POs for satisfactory payment approval before posting. Follow up on non-PO invoices with the appropriate department/manager
- Ensure accurate payment runs and minimize ad hoc payments
- Complete bank reconciliations, as well as suppliers’ statements and ageing creditors reports reconciliations
- Setup of new vendors and manage vendors’ data accurately by effectively communicating with vendors and internal stakeholders
- Prepare employees’ expenses and month-end journals according to the appropriate departments and cost centers by analyzing receipts/expenses reports
- Manage various AP platforms
- Meet tight month-end deadlines for closing the Purchase Ledger and booking month-end journals for accruals, prepayments etc
- Provide supporting documentation for audits and respond to external auditor inquiries
- Assist Management with ad hoc projects
First things first, as a disruptor in the global market research industry, we haven’t come this far without entrepreneurial spirit and a get-up-and-go attitude. So if you think we’ll see that in you, then you’re already halfway there. Here’s the rest of what we’d like you to bring to the table.
- Relevant experience in a similar role in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrable experience in strict adherence to SOP and internal controls, commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals and tight deadlines; superior attention to detail and thorough self-review
- Comfortable using excel, particularly PivotTables, VLOOKUP, and Data Tables
- Strong prioritisation and multi-tasking skills, staying effective under accelerated deadlines
- Have a process improvement mindset - problem solver
- Good understanding of the GL, bookkeeping, and accounting payable principles
- Demonstrates a high attention to detail
- Able to juggle multiple deadlines
- Confident in communicating clearly and effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Confident in using initiative and being self sufficient whilst carrying out tasks
Great benefits make a big difference. Not just to employees, but to the whole vibe of a business. That’s why when you work for us, you’ll enjoy a full spectrum of generous perks, rewards and office benefits.
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonus
- 25 days annual leave (prorated)
- Flexitime and a great work-life balance (don’t just take our word, check out Glassdoor)
- Allocated shares according to GWI’s share scheme
- A range of discounts and freebies
- A genuine commitment to mental and physical health, with a range of content, tools and perks to help you look after your wellbeing
- LinkedIn Learning and ongoing Learning and Development opportunities
- Simplyhealth cash plan for everyday healthcare
- Auto-enroll pension plan with GWI matching up to 4%
- A range of discounts and freebies
- Cycle to work scheme and commuter season ticket loan
- Commit a working day to charity each year
- Early finishes on a Friday
- A well-stocked fridge, plenty of snacks (some healthy, some not so healthy)
- Regular social activities, including free online yoga and team outings
Who we are
GWI was founded with the knowledge that understanding your audience is really important for business. When you know who you’re speaking to and why, you can create content and campaigns that stand out to the people that matter.
Through our global online survey, we gather data on the behaviour and perceptions of consumers across the world. This provides businesses with deep, actionable insights on their audience, revealed from data they trust.
It’s been going well, too. Since launching in 2009, we’ve become one of the UK’s fastest growing target audience companies. We’re not about to stop growing any time soon. As a business, we’re on a mission to re-engineer data-driven marketing, and we’re on the lookout for talented people to join us.
Diversity & Inclusion
Imagine if our data came from just one kind of person. We’d get a very nuanced view of the world. And we definitely wouldn’t have got off the ground as a business.
Although things certainly aren’t perfect, we live in a society where differences are increasingly celebrated – so we’d expect nothing else from our teams. In fact, the GWI office is as diverse as our global data, it’s really important to us that it stays that way. This is a place to feel at home, express yourself freely and make your mark.