At GWI we’re always looking for extraordinary people who thrive on making an impact. We think big to make an impact, we’re not afraid to ask why, and we always show respect. Those values are what got us where we are today, and they’re a big part of what we’re looking for in you.
Right now we’re looking for candidates who are interested in working at GWI but haven't quite yet spotted the perfect role within the company. By taking a moment to submit your application and answer a few curated questions, you're not just applying for a job - you're becoming a part of our proactive talent community. This way, as soon as the right opportunity arises that aligns with your profile, you'll be among the first we reach out to.
Who knows, it could be the start of something, well, extraordinary.
At GWI we know that software engineering is a multidisciplinary field that requires a team effort. As such, our focus when building our teams is finding passionate, hard-working individuals from different backgrounds with different areas of expertise and bringing them together to work on challenging and interesting problems. Our mission in Engineering is to:
- Build new and exciting platforms for our users
- Improve our services through constant evolution and performance monitoring
- Support other teams and our colleagues through internal tools
- Raise the standards of software development throughout the company
This means that on a day-to-day basis as a GWI engineer you will be responsible for code reviews, deliver fast and exciting back-end services and APIs, motivate and guide other members of the team and work with the Team Lead to make sure that everything is delivered on time with the agreed quality.
Roles in Software Engineering
There are distinct roles in the software engineering department, mainly comprising of multinational & cross-functional agile teams of Frontend Engineers, Backend Engineers and the teams of DevOps and QA/Software Engineers in Test. Our teams are either led by a Team Lead or a Manager and belong to a community under a Director or Associate Director.
Backend engineers: depending on the community they belong to, our Backend Engineers will work with Golang (Platform), Python/ Django (Research Technology) or Scala (Connections, Pollpass). For Engineers interested in Scala we even have the Scala Coding School - a program (length varies according to seniority) providing a mix of learning/ working. The recruitment process involves a task and a subsequent technical interview.
DevOps Engineers: are working with our Cloud Service Provider (GCP) using infrastructure as code (Terraform), developing tools to make operations and deployments simpler and implementing CI/CD pipelines for a range of applications - Kubernetes is also part of the stack. The recruitment process involves 2 technical interviews.
SET/QA Engineers: work on achieving shift-left testing to achieve continuous delivery using Cypress and other cool test automation tools alongside a stack of Grafana and k6. Not to mention our passion with Test Automation, as we are the main organisers for Athens SDET Meetup to give you a hint that we like to share our technical knowledge with the tech communities! The recruitment process involves a task.
Data Engineers: work with BigQuery and leverage tools such as Fivetran and Segment to ingest data to the data lake and dbt and Airflow to construct ELT pipelines, implement data models with data quality testing, and build the data warehouse. The recruitment process involves 1 technical interview.
Great benefits make a big difference. Not just to employees, but to the whole vibe of a business. That’s why when you work for us, you’ll enjoy a full spectrum of generous perks, rewards and office benefits.
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonus or commission
- 25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays) and December holiday office closure days on top
- Early finishes on Friday
- Work from Anywhere
- Hybrid home/office working
- Latest tech equipment + WFH office budget
- Employee Share Scheme
- Spill - confidential mental health support
- Private Health Insurance
- OneGWI - team that focuses on D&I in the workplace
- Enhanced parental leave
- Company phone contract (unlimited scheme)
- Restaurant Ticket Coupons
- Generous training budget, including a fully paid international conference each year
- Ongoing Learning and Development opportunities as part of GWI Grow
- Social activities and regular team outings
- Bonus/commission scheme
- 1 Volunteering day a year
- Referral scheme - rewards for candidate referrals
- Fruitful office - To help get your five a day we provide heaps of free fresh fruit, with deliveries every Monday and Wednesday.
- Free breakfast - Complimentary breakfast cereals, tea, coffee and gigantic selection of herbal teas - not to mention 7 types of milk.
- Ambassador Program - rewards for client referrals
- GWI ‘clubs’ - bookclub/yoga/av club
- Internal Recognition Program
Who we are
GWI was founded with the knowledge that understanding your audience is really important for business. When you know who you’re speaking to and why, you can create content and campaigns that stand out to the people that matter.
Through our global online survey, we gather data on the behaviour and perceptions of consumers across the world. This provides businesses with deep, actionable insights on their audience, revealed from data they trust.
It’s been going well, too. Since launching in 2009, we’ve become one of the UK’s fastest growing target audience companies. We’re not about to stop growing any time soon. As a business, we’re on a mission to re-engineer data-driven marketing, and we’re on the lookout for talented people to join us.
Diversity & Inclusion
Imagine if our data came from just one kind of person. We’d get a very nuanced view of the world. And we definitely wouldn’t have got off the ground as a business.
Although things certainly aren’t perfect, we live in a society where differences are increasingly celebrated – so we’d expect nothing else from our teams. In fact, the GWI office is as diverse as our global data, it’s really important to us that it stays that way. This is a place to feel at home, express yourself freely and make your mark.