FreshBooks is seeking a Data Modeling Developer to join our team. Because we work on the cutting edge of a lot of technologies, we need someone who is a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things done, and productive working independently or collaboratively. If this profile sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do
- Process unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis
- Gather and process raw data at scale (including writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, write SQL queries, etc.)
- Provide ongoing day-to-day support to data analysts and scientists in a growing analytic team
- Guide the company to take a more active role in data collection and reporting
- Establish best practices and checks to improve and monitor data quality
What you have:
- Strong understanding of ETL and data warehouse concepts, processes and best practices
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills. This means working and effectively communicating with clients of all levels of data competency.
- Programming experience, ideally in Python, in cleaning and scrubbing noisy datasets.
What you might have:
- Experience with BI Tools such as Periscope, Looker or Tableau
- Experience writing data transformation workflows in Python (using Apache Airflow, Luigi, etc) ** bonus
- Experience working with cloud data warehousing technologies such as AWS Redshift and Google BigQuery
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, health benefits from day 1 and extra days off (office is closed between Christmas and New Years)
- RRSP matching program and generous parental leave policy
- Weekly catered lunches, beer, and snacks
- Team and company offsites, hackoffs, and paid community volunteer days and religious observance days
- Professional development opportunities and flexible work schedules
- Office gym with showers and complimentary towel service
- Secure, indoor bike parking with well-stocked repair bay
- Ping Pong, Foosball, Massage Chairs, Nintendo Stations and more.
- Dog friendly office
- TTC Accessible
Sure, there are perks, but the real reason people are proud to work at FreshBooks is because each person knows their opinion is respected, and they can see the difference they make in the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. If you want to accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about and have just as much of a life outside the office as inside—you're exactly what we're looking for.
We value our people...
We recognize and reward ingenious work. We all have real lives, and respect work lifestyle balance. We all have a voice that is heard throughout the company. We always make time for fun, and have one of the most unique, employee-led cultures out there. Join the FreshBooks choir or a class in the gym, organize a gaming night, teach a dev lunch and learn, or use a paid volunteer day to share your skills with the community. Salaries are competitive and compensation packages include stake in the company. Interested? Let’s get started!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.