At FreshBooks we care deeply about Quality and are looking for a skilled Software Engineer, specializing in many technical aspects of testing – load testing/tooling, security/penetration testing, performance testing, automated testing of individual infrastructure components, as well as the interactions between various components.
We build a product which helps our users earn their living and we’re proud of that. If you’re committed to high-quality work and great teamwork, while constantly looking for ways to elevate the quality of the products you’re responsible for, we’re eager to meet you.
What you’ll do:
- You will help write and maintain automated tests, as well as the infrastructure to run those tests across all layers of our application – Unit, API, Integration, UI End-to-end. You have ridiculously high standards for yourself and your team and are constantly looking for ways to improve the systems you own. We hire people based on their ability, not their years of experience.
- You will fix product bugs and improve regression tests by adding assertions, cutting down on test runtime, identifying gaps in coverage etc.
What you have:
- You demonstrate passion for working in a QA-focused role and will be one of the most technical members of the QA Team.
- You are an exceptional Test Engineer with a keen eye for software quality, and a strong desire for automating testing tasks that have traditionally been manual. You love to hunt for bugs and investigate problems and you won’t rest until you determine the root cause.
- You have a habit of actively monitoring, commenting and collaborating on pull requests, as well as partnering with Development Leads and QA Leads to identify how security testing fits within the QA discipline for improving software quality.
- You exhibit tact, patience, and honesty, while maintaining productive relationships, skillfully communicating with both technical and non-technical colleagues. You take pride in your own work and accomplishments, as well as the achievements of your team.
- Mobile (Native) Automation experience a huge plus.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, health benefits from day 1 and extra days off (office is closed between Christmas and New Years)
- RRSP matching program and generous parental leave policy
- Weekly catered lunches, beer, and snacks
- Team and company offsites, hackoffs, and paid community volunteer days and religious observance days
- Professional development opportunities and flexible work schedules
- Office gym with showers and complimentary towel service
- Secure, indoor bike parking with well-stocked repair bay
- Ping Pong, Foosball, Massage Chairs, Nintendo Stations and more.
- Dog friendly office
- TTC Accessible
Sure, there are perks: but the real reason people are proud to work at FreshBooks is because each person knows their opinion is respected, and they can see the difference they make in the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. If you want to accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about and have just as much of a life outside the office as inside—you're exactly what we're looking for.
We value our people…
We recognize and reward ingenious work. We all have real lives, and respect work lifestyle balance. We all have a voice that is heard throughout the company. We always make time for fun, and have one of the most unique, employee-led cultures out there. Join the FreshBooks choir or a class in the gym, organize a gaming night, teach a dev lunch and learn, or use a paid volunteer day to share your skills with the community. Salaries are competitive and compensation packages include stake in the company. Interested? Let’s get started!