- Want to work at a high tech company based in Toronto with traction that is ready to take over the world, without relocating to Silicon Valley?
- Want to work with brilliant people who take pride in their accomplishments without the ego?
- Want to work at a company where your code will get into production every week and impact the lives of millions of happy users all over the world?
- Want to work in that fun, smart, relaxed start-up atmosphere that’s irresistible to the most interesting doers in Toronto?
If you’ve answered yes to these questions, please read on…
At FreshBooks we care deeply about Quality and are looking for a skilled Software Engineer, specializing in many technical aspects of testing – load testing/tooling, security/penetration testing, performance testing, automated testing of individual infrastructure components, as well as the interactions between various components.
We build a product which helps our users earn their living and we’re proud of that. If you’re committed to high-quality work and great teamwork, while constantly looking for ways to elevate the quality of the products you’re responsible for, we’re eager to meet you.
We are versatile...
We use tools like Cucumber/Capybara, Docker, Jira, Zephyr and Jenkins CI. We believe in evaluating better technologies in order to continuously improve our testing efficiency and coverage. While we value expertise with the tools above, we know that smart QAs are great learners as well.
We work in an open environment - no cubicles or offices. Cross-functional scrum teams are co-located together to emphasize teamwork, communication and collaboration.
QAs are an integral part of the product-development team and are closely involved in every step along the way - from project planning, during implementation, to the final deployment.
Shipping is at the forefront of our engineering practice. We rely on Continuous Integration and use automated testing to ensure our product is always shippable.
We value our people...
We recognize and reward ingenious work. We all have real lives, and respect their balance. We all have a voice that is heard throughout the company. We always make time for fun, and have one of the most unique, employee-led cultures out there. Join the FreshBooks choir or a class in the gym, organize a gaming night, teach a lunch-and-learn, or use a paid volunteer day to share your skills with the community. Salaries are competitive and compensation packages include stake in the company.
This is a particularly challenging role, which requires the critical mind of a QA Analyst combined with the technical skills of a Software Developer.
- You demonstrate passion for working in a QA-focused role and will be one of the most technical members of the QA Team.
- You are an exceptional Test Engineer with a keen eye for software quality, and a strong desire for automating testing tasks that have traditionally been manual. You love to hunt for bugs and investigate problems and you won’t rest until you determine the root cause.
- You have a habit of actively monitoring, commenting and collaborating on pull requests, as well as partnering with Development Leads and QA Leads to identify how security testing fits within the QA discipline for improving software quality.
- You will help write and maintain automated tests, as well as the infrastructure to run those tests across all layers of our application – Unit, API, Integration, UI End-to-end. You have ridiculously high standards for yourself and your team and are constantly looking for ways to improve the systems you own. We hire people based on their ability, not their years of experience.
- You will fix product bugs and improve regression tests by adding assertions, cutting down on test runtime, identifying gaps in coverage etc.
- You exhibit tact, patience, and honesty, while maintaining productive relationships, skillfully communicating with both technical and non-technical colleagues. You take pride in your own work and accomplishments, as well as the achievements of your team.