FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building a kick-ass online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Strategic Planning Manager
This is a unique opportunity to work with the VP, Strategic Planning on Corporate Strategy and Development. The mandate of the team is to shape the future direction of the business through competitive research and intelligence, multi-year financial planning and opportunity sizing, and special projects on the strategy agenda. You will have significant exposure to senior leaders and tasked with collaborating and problem solving at all levels of the organization.
Your role will include:
- Establishing and leading market research and competitive analysis to communicate industry and competitive trends
- Building robust business cases to help evolve early stage ideas into future growth initiatives
- Managing the end-to-end strategic planning process, including defining templates, establishing milestones, and aligning leaders with the highest-level company priorities
- Working with the Finance and Analytics Team to analyze customer and financial data and make recommendations for presentation to the Senior Leadership Team
- Leading cross-functional teams and projects to evaluate strategic opportunities
We think you’ll be a great fit for this position if you:
- Have at least 3+ years in strategy role or industry
- Have experience in top-tier management consulting for the technology industry or experience working in a successful technology business
- Understand the economics of a SaaS business (recurring revenue, retention and ARPU)
- Understand complex financial statements and financial models
- Are a natural leader who can build credibility with, and influence, leaders in the organization
- Can work cross-functionality with executives, functional leaders and peers
- Are a master of PowerPoint and Excel
Bonus points if you:
- Have your MBA
Interested? Click apply to submit your resume and a member of the recruitment team will get back to you soon!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.