- Want to work at a high tech company based in Toronto with traction that is ready to take over the world, without relocating to Silicon Valley?
- Want to work with brilliant people who take pride in their work without the ego?
- Want to work at a company where your code will get into production every week and impact the lives of millions of happy users all over the world
- Want to work in that fun, smart, relaxed start-up atmosphere that’s irresistible to the most interesting doers in Toronto?
The Opportunity - Full-Stack Developer
We collaborate... We work in an open environment; no cubicles or offices. We closely follow Agile Scrum or Kanban and rely on collaboration for success. We also collaborate across the office; regular hackoffs are a part of our culture. Developers join forces with coworkers across the company to pitch and prototype projects that improve our product, our culture, or are just plain fun.
We ship... Shipping is at the forefront of our engineering practice. We rely on continuous integration and use automated testing to ensure our product is always shippable.
We value our people... We recognize and reward ingenious work. We all have real lives, and respect their balance. We all have a voice that is heard throughout the company. We always make time for fun, and have one of the most unique, employee-led cultures out there. Join the FreshBooks choir or a class in the gym, organize a gaming night, teach a dev lunch and learn, or use a paid volunteer day to share your skills with the community. Salaries are competitive and compensation packages include stake in the company. Interested? Let’s get started!
• You will help build new features and update existing ones in our consumer facing cloud accounting application. You have ridiculously high standards for yourself and your team and are constantly looking for ways to improve the systems you own. We hire people based on their ability, not their years of experience.
• We are agile... Agile development methodology has many different meanings but to us it is doing what works best for the customer. Our developers don’t just translate ideas into realities; they work with our product teams to generate ideas. We use Scrum for collaboration and release super-awesome-game-changing features to our clients.
Take a look at some of our blog posts to see some of the problems we face: http://developers.freshbooks.com/blog/
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.