Product Manager, Teams & Payroll
FreshBooks is a leading cloud-based SaaS accounting software designed with one goal: to help small business owners grow. We reached unicorn status after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion and continue to scale our business to serve business owners, their clients, and accountants in more than 160 countries worldwide. FreshBookers are found all over the globe, and we know that different folks thrive in different working environments: Remote, onsite, and everything in between, you’ll find it with us.
The Opportunity - Product Manager, Teams & Payroll
FreshBooks is looking for a Product Manager to help reshape the world to meet the needs of our customers: small business owners and entrepreneurs. In this role, you will be focused on our Team Management, Permissions, and Payroll offerings that will enable scaling users to seamlessly manage their books and plan for the future within FreshBooks. You’ll develop such a deep understanding of user needs, and will help create experiences that are unique to their stage, vertical, and segment.
What You'll Do as a Product Manager
- Be a leader and influencer throughout the organization, collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure understanding of desired outcomes and how it aligns with product vision/mission
- Lead ongoing workstream product planning; be the product expert when it comes to your product domain area, with emphasis on workflows between staff members
- Organize and manage an agile team of developers, designers, and product marketing managers to execute and deliver desired outcomes for our clients;
- Be responsible for your results and report out the impact your product contributions are making
- Advocate for our customers and the products, spend time with customers to develop a deep empathy for the challenges of small businesses
What You'll Bring to the Role
- Proven product management work experience or strong understanding of permissions and controls, payroll, back office workflows in your previous roles; demonstrated ability to understand impact of project accounting a plus;
- Technically savvy and comfortable working with a team of developers and a UX designer to understand the challenges and trade offs that come with building great products.
- You're a passionate leader and an excellent communicator. You are responsible for your results and can report out to partners and execs on the adoption, engagement, and key metrics of products launched in-market
- You are data driven; you can understand the unit economics of our business, know which one you’re trying to impact, and how to know if you’re successful
- You have the ability to think “big picture” and develop a compelling vision for your product or feature
- Empathy is your strong suit - you can spend time with external and internal customers to develop a deep understanding of the challenges of small businesses; and be able to document, analyze, and synthesize their needs into a compelling product vision
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn, adapt, and apply knowledge in a rapidly changing landscape
You'll Stand Out If You Bring Experience In
- Working knowledge of a payroll or team workflow management software
- You’re not a project manager, but you’re not afraid to act like one — be willing to roll up your sleeves to help your team get things done
- A history of bringing major features to market fast, and iterating based on customer feedback (familiarity with “lean” methodologies a plus)
Our Commitments to You
At FreshBooks each person knows their opinion is valued, and can see their impact on the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. Accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about, and work as a part of a collaborative team without ego! Here are some of the ways FreshBooks recognises and rewards our employees:
- 🩺 Comprehensive Health and Wellness Benefits. Including retirement savings programs matched to your local office, stock options for every full time employee, generous time off, parental leave and new parent support, annual healthy living credit, comprehensive medical and dental benefits dependent on your region, and more.
- 📚 Perks that Matter. Including a Peer Recognition Program, an Employee Assistance Program, headphone credit, meaningful in-person gatherings to bring onsite and remote employees together, and more perks matched to your locale.
- 🌱Working Environments to Help You Thrive. Beautiful office spaces welcome you in Canada and Mexico, and remote FreshBookers receive a home office credit to set up your home office.
- 🤗 Supportive Peer Group, Mentors, and Leaders. We care about each other across the organisation and have programs to support this so everyone feels a strong sense of belonging, and believes in collective impact.
- 🚀 Accelerated growth. 3 week dedicated company onboarding, career development through continuous coaching, training, and learning on the job, and a bi-annual review process.
Even if your experience doesn't meet every bullet on the above lists, we'd love to learn more about you and why you think FreshBooks is the next step in your career.
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.