Title: Senior iOS Developer
FreshBooks is seeking a Senior iOS Developer to join our team. You will mentor and provide technical leadership to other Developers on the team as well as help build new features and update existing ones in our consumer facing cloud accounting applications. We build a product that helps our customers earn their living and we’re proud of that. If you’re committed to great work and are constantly looking for ways to improve the systems you’re responsible for, we’d love to chat with you!
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with other mobile and full-stack developers on cross-functional agile teams working on features for our customers
- Work closely with UX designers and Product owners to ensure the best mobile experience for our customers
- Contribute to a large codebase that contains a multitude of customer features
- Participate and share your ideas in technical design and architecture discussions
- Ship weekly to the App Store through a continuous integration process
- Provide coaching to junior developers and share and learn from your peers
- Develop your craft and build your expertise in iOS development
What you have:
- iOS enthusiasm
- Knowledge with Swift
- Experience with Storyboards and Autolayout
- Experience writing code with unit tests for great code coverage
- Experience using github, reviewing code, reviewing PRs, and merging branches
- Experience working with large codebases and writing robust and testable code
What you might have:
- Experience with Realm, RxSwift, and MVVM architecture
- Experience in a server-side programming language and REST APIs
- Experience profiling performance and memory leaks
- At least one published app (and/or publicly available source) - send along a link, please
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, health benefits from day 1 and extra days off (office is closed between Christmas and New Years)
- RRSP matching program and generous parental leave policy
- Weekly catered lunches, beer, and snacks
- Team and company offsites, hackoffs, and paid community volunteer days and religious observance days
- Professional development opportunities and flexible work schedules
- Office gym with showers and complimentary towel service
- Secure, indoor bike parking with well-stocked repair bay
- Ping Pong, Foosball, Massage Chairs, Nintendo Stations and more.
- Dog friendly office
- TTC Accessible
Sure, there are perks: but the real reason people are proud to work at FreshBooks is because each person knows their opinion is respected, and they can see the difference they make in the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. If you want to accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about and have just as much of a life outside the office as inside—you're exactly what we're looking for.
We value our people...
We recognize and reward ingenious work. We all have real lives, and respect work lifestyle balance. We all have a voice that is heard throughout the company. We always make time for fun, and have one of the most unique, employee-led cultures out there. Join the FreshBooks choir or a class in the gym, organize a gaming night, teach a dev lunch and learn, or use a paid volunteer day to share your skills with the community. Salaries are competitive and compensation packages include stake in the company. Interested? Let’s get started!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.