FreshBooks is a leading cloud-based SaaS accounting software designed with one goal: to help small business owners grow. We reached unicorn status after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion and continue to scale our business to serve business owners, their clients, and accountants in more than 160 countries worldwide. FreshBookers are found all over the globe, and we know that different folks thrive in different working environments: Remote, onsite, and everything in between, you’ll find it with us.
The Opportunity - Senior Web Designer
Reporting to the Art Director, you’ll be part of a stellar multidisciplinary Creative Services team that upholds and evolves our brand, delivers high-quality assets, and cooks up all kinds of cool creative. You will act as a creative resource for the marketing department, coordinate with stakeholders across the company, as well as identify and prioritize wider creative and strategic opportunities.
What You'll Do as a Senior Web Designer
- Develop and maintain wireframes for design, including interaction specs and mobile-first layouts
- Work with web leads to refine complex business requirements into detailed UX designs
- Audit functional components of the website UX and offer best-in-class enhancements using modern UX principles and scaling strategy
- Work closely with the Senior Manager of Web Strategy and CRO, product development, and web developers to create best-in-class customer experiences
- Document design work and facilitate hand-off to the development team
- Understand how strategy, segments, verticals, and other variables impact creative
- Collaborate with copywriters, marketers, developers, and other designers
What You'll Bring to the Role
- 7+ years of relevant experience as a web/UI designer with a portfolio showcasing best-in-class work
- A strong design portfolio demonstrating an exceptional sense of design, thorough knowledge of design theory and principles
- A proven track record designing websites for SaaS or D2C eCommerce is a big plus
- Post-secondary education or equivalent training in design is a plus
- Knowledge of UI/UX and web accessibility best practices
- Expert in design and prototyping software (Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
- Strong experience with CRO/testing methodologies, user-centered design, mobile design, user testing and prototyping an asset
You'll Stand Out If You Bring Experience In
- A certification in UX design principles is a plus
- Knowledge of front end development is a big plus (HTML,CSS, JQuery, etc.)
Our Commitments to You
At FreshBooks each person knows their opinion is valued, and can see their impact on the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. Accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about, and work as a part of a collaborative team without ego! Here are some of the ways FreshBooks recognises and rewards our employees:
- 🩺 Comprehensive Health and Wellness Benefits. Including retirement savings programs matched to your local office, stock options for every full time employee, generous time off, parental leave and new parent support, annual healthy living credit, comprehensive medical and dental benefits dependent on your region, and more.
- 📚 Perks that Matter. Including a Peer Recognition Program, an Employee Assistance Program, headphone credit, meaningful in-person gatherings to bring onsite and remote employees together, and more perks matched to your locale.
- 🌱Working Environments to Help You Thrive. Beautiful office spaces welcome you in Canada and Mexico, and remote FreshBookers receive a home office credit to set up your home office.
- 🤗 Supportive Peer Group, Mentors, and Leaders. We care about each other across the organisation and have programs to support this so everyone feels a strong sense of belonging, and believes in collective impact.
- 🚀 Accelerated growth. 3 week dedicated company onboarding, career development through continuous coaching, training, and learning on the job, and a bi-annual review process.
Even if your experience doesn't meet every bullet on the above lists, we'd love to learn more about you and why you think FreshBooks is the next step in your career.
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.