It turns out … unicorns are real! FreshBooks reached unicorn status after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion, and we couldn’t be more thrilled. But why are we so excited? Because every success at FreshBooks allows us to build better, stronger accounting software and products, worthy of the trust of small Business Owners everywhere. We’ve expanded beyond our Canadian roots, and now have entities across seven countries and counting, serving Business Owners in more than 120 countries around the world.
The Opportunity - IT Technical Support Analyst
The FreshBooks Global IT Services team is responsible for the availability, integrity,
confidentiality, and performance of the internal systems used by FreshBookers to provide
outstanding support to our amazing customers, support the development and delivery of our
leading SaaS accounting application, and enable the company to scale and grow. These
systems include; collaboration and communication (voice, video, chat), email, identity and
access management, networking, desktop, and mobile devices, as well as many SaaS services
that cross a broad spectrum of uses.
As an IT Technical Support Analyst, you will collaborate with your teammates and our company at
large to improve our office network, servers, teleconferencing, phone, email, desktop systems,
and more. Balancing the focus between day-to-day support and strategic process and
What you'll do as an IT Technical Support Analyst
- Provide front-line primary technical support to end users on various technical issues and problems relating to hardware, software and day-to-day operation of IT infrastructure & systems
- Responding to, documenting, and resolving service tickets in a timely manner according to SLAs
- Managing day-to-day identity & access management for enterprise applications and systems including
- Deploy & manage Endpoint equipment, including working with IT vendors for purchasing and shipping equipment.
- Deploy, manage, and track user licensing to ensure capacity and to manage equipment lifecycle and inventory
- Identify proactive solutions to improve IT Operations activities or end user experience
- Maintain and improve documentation on our internal IT process wiki
- Assist IT Infrastructure team with project tasks as needed
What you'll bring to the role
- A minimum of 2-3 years of operational IT experience preferably in a Mac environment
- Hands-on experience with desktop imaging and MDM software (e.g. Mosyle, JAMF, Intune, Workspace One, etc)
- Experience with IT ticketing systems (eg. Jira, ServiceNow, ZenDesk, etc)
- Experience managing users and computers in an enterprise environment through access management best practices and tools (eg. Okta, SailPoint, Active Directory, etc)
- Basic familiarity with Google applications and Google Workspace
- Basic familiarity with Linux, the MacOS command line, or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP and Ethernet networks (switches, VLANs)
- Experience in inventory management, procurement, and/or logistics
- Ability to convey technical concepts to users in a friendly, professional and helpful manner
The real reason people are proud to work at FreshBooks is because each person knows their opinion is respected, and they can see the difference they make in the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. If you want to accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about and have just as much of a life outside the office as inside - you're just might be who we're looking for.
Sound like the next step in your career? We’d love to learn more about you through your application.
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.