FreshBooks is a leading cloud-based SaaS accounting software designed with one goal: to Help Small Business Owners Grow. Are you also passionate about this mission? Then this opportunity is for you.
The Opportunity - Associate Account Executive
We’ve just started building the European Sales Team. An Associate Account Executive is responsible for closing new business deals over the phone with Small and Medium-sized businesses in different countries and verticals. Our working language is English. You’ll “own” clients for a short period after they become paying clients. Your main focus is closing the initial deal.
The 25 person Sales team in Europe is spread out across the UK, Netherlands and Croatia. We’re proud to have 12 nationalities and a healthy gender balance. Our Sales colleagues in North America have a team of 100+ persons.
What you'll do as an Associate Account Executive:
- Run deep discovery calls in order to find challenges in prospects’ financial processes
- Recommend a solution and win opportunities to overachieve your monthly quotas
- Manage your pipeline
- Most of your leads pipeline will come from inbound leads (trialers, form fills, BDR meetings etc.)
- Prospect for net new leads
- Assist BDRs where needed
- Assist your Team Lead or Sales Manager with project work aimed at driving the entire team’s KPIs forward.
What you'll bring to the role:
- 1 year of B2B sales experience, during which you exceeded your quotas.
- Some of our Associate Account Executives were BDRs in their last role
- Successful experience with uncovering prospects’ business challenges
- Experience working with SMB clients / high-velocity sales
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities
- Experience using a CRM such as Salesforce.com
You'll stand out if you bring experience in:
- Sales training: ex. SPIN, MEDDIC, Winning by Design, Predictable Revenue, etc.
- Experience with SalesLoft or similar (Outreach)
- Speak & write more than 1 Western European language business fluently
Our Commitments to You
At FreshBooks you will grow and be challenged in rewarding ways, largely because you’ll be trusted to make the best decisions for your role. We believe in bringing on the best people, providing them with support and learning opportunities, and then trusting them to solve tough problems.
If you want to accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about, and be part of a collaborative team - we could be just what you're looking for.
Here are some of the ways FreshBooks recognizes and rewards our employees:
- 🎖Compensation and Benefits that matter.
- A competitive salary, reviewed twice a year
- Opportunity to be a part of FreshBooks’ growth and own a share of the company
- 24 days off and company-wide close between Xmas and New Year, 3 Volunteer days, and 3 Innovation days
- Annual healthy living credit, Pension plan, and Employee Assistance Program
- 📚 Perks that support and celebrate you.
- Peer recognition program that sees and values you
- Tech that helps you thrive
- Access to Calm, company Swapfiets, heaps of swag, seasonal gifts, team outings, Friday lunches, and much more!
- 🚀 Accelerated growth.
- 1-month dedicated onboarding, with supportive peer group, mentors, and leaders
- GROW process
- Access to internal and external learning opportunities
- 🗺 Local and global impact. No matter the role at FreshBooks, you’ll know how your work contributes to the mission of Helping Owners Grow. Whether directly or indirectly, we all take great pride and responsibility for our part in building the future products and services for millions of small business owners.
How FreshBooks Hires
We strive for a welcoming, inclusive experience that allows candidates to showcase what makes them great. We also know that this is your chance to interview us, to get to know the FreshBooks culture firsthand, and encourage you to ask us pretty much anything during your process:
- Recruiter Conversation: A shorter meeting with a member of our talent acquisition team to learn more about you and tell you more about FreshBooks and the role, too.
- Hiring Manager Conversation: A conversation with the Hiring Manager to better understand your skills and experience, and how they align with the role.
- Team Assessment(s)/Conversation(s): One to two conversations with team members to understand your craft mastery and your approach to collaborating with a team.
- Executive Conversation: We might invite you for a short conversation with a member of the senior leadership team to learn more about how you want to grow in the coming years, and how those goals align with FreshBooks’ long-term vision.
Excited? Consider applying now, even if your experience doesn't meet every bullet on the above lists. We'd love to learn more about you and why you think FreshBooks is the next step in your career.
FreshBooks reached unicorn status after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion, and we couldn’t be more thrilled. Every success at FreshBooks allows us to build better products, services, and communities, worthy of the trust of small business owners everywhere. We’re now based in seven countries and counting, serving business owners, their clients, and accountants in more than 160 countries worldwide. What’s more, FreshBooks knows that great people live all over the globe (not just where we have offices), and that different folks thrive in different working environments. Remote, onsite, and everything in between, you’ll find it with us.
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks will meet your accessibility needs during the recruitment process. Should you require any specific accommodations or documents regarding accessibility in different formats, or if you have any questions or suggestions, please contact us at email@example.com.