Senior Data Analyst
FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an extraordinary online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Senior Data Analyst
Location: Canada, Remote
Department: Data & Analytics
The Senior Analyst will enable FreshBooks to derive insight from campaign and product interaction data to help manage the customer lifecycle and growth of our global platform. You love to solve a problem and have a knack for translating data into insight and presenting that information to stakeholders. You will be collaborating with your manager and a larger team that includes other analysts, engineers, data scientists, marketers, financial analysts, and developers all working together to drive growth at FreshBooks.
What you’ll do:
- Execute projects relating to the overall customer experience, including but not limited to:
- Source and performance of each acquisition channel
- Product usage & adoption (in trial and post upgrade)
- Campaign planning and analysis spanning trialers, paying & churned accounts
- Variances by country, maturity of business and various internal segments
- Create dashboards & automated reporting on core performance metrics & dimensions:
- Work directly with internal clients to gather requirements, scope & execute
- Maintain and augment existing dashboards for added insights & data changes
- Proactively monitor reports and dashboards to extract insights and highlight trends that may provide new opportunities for FreshBooks and our partners
- Complete quick turn-around, ad-hoc analyses into observed trends to isolate potential causes and means to further improve or rectify the situation
- Assist (with Business Operations) in the building, development and maintenance of data models, reporting systems, tools & definitions that support key business decisions
What you have:
- 3-5 years in data analytics and/or business intelligence
- Advanced knowledge of SQL & Python or similar
- Knowledge of sampling and A/B testing
- Quantitative background with strong analytical skill set
- Experience using a dashboarding tool such as Looker, Periscope, Tableau, etc.
- Experience using LOOKER is a plus
- Experience in calculating LTV, CPA, ROI, churn, acquisition & related metrics
- Knowledge of Google Analytics (or a similar web analytics tool)
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.