It turns out… unicorns are real! FreshBooks reached unicorn status after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion, and we couldn’t be more thrilled. But why are we so excited? Because every success at FreshBooks allows us to build better, stronger accounting software and products, worthy of the trust of Business Owners everywhere. We’ve expanded beyond our Canadian roots, and now have entities across seven countries and counting.
As the Product Sales Specialist focused on Payments at FreshBooks, you will be the Subject Matter Expert on payments for the Sales Team. You will be responsible for helping the Sales Teams (Instal Base & Acquisition) achieve their Payment Revenue targets through training and joint conversations with high-value Business Owners. You will report directly to the Senior Manager of Customer Success on any product updates, marketing initiatives, and sales performance with regards to Payments. You will also work closely with key members from various departments across FreshBooks to ensure that Payments continues to grow as a core offering. This is a highly visible and collaborative role, pivotal to the successful launch and adoption of Payments products by Business Owners around the world. If you are passionate about selling the value of digital payments across the internal organization and to high-value customers, this role could be just the one for you!
What you’ll do:
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert on Payments for the Sales Teams in the negotiation of a contract with clients
- Meet or exceed monthly Payment Revenue Targets for the Sales organization
- Create and present reports to the Senior Manager of Customer Success for the purposes of identifying the growth, nurturing campaigns, and gauging the sales team’s effectiveness
- Manage and build rapport with existing and new high-value Business Owners that are processing more than $5 million on online and offline credit cards & ACH payments
- Collaborate with Product and Marketing in launching new payment products to existing & prospective Select Business Owners (read more about the Select Plan here: https://www.freshbooks.com/en-ca/select)
- Provide feedback to Business Development and Product, on how we can improve adoption of either WePay and/or Stripe for online payments in FreshBooks
- Assist the Finance Team in updating the Sales Calculator (Credit Cards & ACH)
- Attend Payment Conferences to gain knowledge on industry trends and on the competition.
- Develop and run strategic payment campaigns for the Sales Teams
What you’ll bring:
- Undergraduate degree
- Previous success in Sales with 4+ years experience, preferably in a SaaS environment
- 3+ years experience in the Payment Processing Industry
- Experience in analyzing merchant processing statements
- Excellent communication skills and experience presenting to high-valued clients’ stakeholders & decision-makers
- Highly organized, professional individual who excels in relationship selling, which is critical to the success of this position
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results as part of an effective team, and ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task under deadlines.
- Knowledgeable in office technology tools such as SalesForce, SalesLoft, Looker & GSuite.
What You’ll Love About Working Here:
- Three-week onboarding that brings you up to speed on our brand, product, and most importantly, our customers. It’s an awesome opportunity to dive in and understand what we’re all about and build your network within the company. Plus, there are prizes! The first 3 weeks when you join the Sales team after onboarding are dedicated to full time training.
- Amazing growth and mentorship opportunities from a team with a laser-focused mission of shipping extraordinary experiences.(Twice a year Growth sessions!)
- Collaborative remote or hybrid model with a global team
- An emphasis on work-life balance:
- Industry-leading Parental Leave Benefits which includes a Paid Leave and Top-Up.
- 15 days PTO per year
- Additional paid Celebration days, Innovation Days, Volunteering Days, Bereavement days
- 14 Paid Holidays and Company wide shutdown between Christmas and New Year among others.
- And finally, we have fun at work...Want to start a chess club? Awesome. Want to host a homemade-ice-cream-making Zoom night? YES! I'll grab a spoon. Whatever your passion is, bring it to FreshBooks, tell others about it, and enjoy what you do every day
- Free Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- Employee Stock Options for all full-time employees
- Free Employee Assistance Program with access to in house and virtual counseling sessions, $1000/year credit to use with counseling partners, Free Mental Health resources plus Calm meditation app
- Monthly Home office Reimbursement Credit
- Health and Wellness Reimbursement grant
- Headset Reimbursement
- 10 paid sick days per year
- Employee referral program
- RRSP plan match after 6 months
Why Join Us:
We are an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one.
If you found yourself getting more excited as you read this posting, please consider applying. Even if your experience doesn't meet everything bullet on the above lists, we'd love to learn more about you and why you think that Commercial Recruiting at FreshBooks is the next step in your career. Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.