FreshBooks Has a Big Vision
It turns out… unicorns are real! In fact, FreshBooks just became one after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion. And ever since launching in 2003, we’ve been on a steady incline towards one goal: Building easy-to-use accounting software for small business owners. It’s the goal that’s driven us to expand into five offices, serving customers in over 160 countries. And it’s the goal we’d love for you to be a part of as a member of our global team as we continue our journey.
FreshBooks is growing and looking for a seasoned Agility Coach to join the Agility Team in helping to transform people, process, and culture at FreshBooks. You’ll be focused on developing employee’s collaboration skills and ability to adapt to change, so that we can meet changing customer and technology needs. In a nutshell, you’ll help us achieve organizational agility through training, coaching, and encouraging a culture of experimentation and learning.
You will build an effective and productive organization with an actively engaged and committed group of people. We build positive team environments so that everyone collaborates to deliver customer value, and we do this by applying the appropriate methodologies such as Agile, Lean or other frameworks that suit the situation.
What you'll do:
- Help us create and lead teams in order to make our workplace reach greatness
- Guide us on improving our processes like balancing technical needs with business needs, or building products that our customers love
- Coach product development teams on becoming high performing teams by using modern Agile principles. Encourage our teams to define the method most appropriate for them
- Promote a learning culture so that processes are continuously refined and that we’re pivoting when necessary
- Apply Lean principles to identify efficiencies and improvements across the business and help to solution alternative ways of working effectively
- Use prior experience in helping with the people aspects of change by:
- Clearly identifying and articulating a narrative for change for leadership, stakeholders and team members
- Support in championing change throughout organization by influencing at all levels of business
- Applying appropriate change management models to help guide and coach people through change
What you have:
- Minimum of 7+ years experience as an Agile Coach applying a variety of methodologies to deliver product
- Experience with coaching organizations through change and helping to identify organizational impediments that limit productivity, quality, and morale
- A technical background or a solid understanding of software development
- Effective at influencing, motivating and inspiring individuals and teams at all levels
- Superb communication skills: you’re an active listener, speak with clarity and precision, and can facilitate with ease
- An understanding of the dynamics of people, the importance of empathy and building relationships
What we can promise you
We follow user-centred design in everything we do, and you'll be spending your first three weeks onboarding, just learning about our customers.
- An incredible growth opportunity; this is an opportunity to help us scale the impact of insight across our organization.
- A great work experience. Competitive benefits and employee perks, plenty of fun and work, s and team members who take pride in their work without ego, all in one of the most unique work cultures out there
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.