It turns out… unicorns are real! In fact, FreshBooks just became one after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion. And ever since launching in 2003, we’ve been on a steady incline towards one goal: Building easy-to-use accounting software for small business owners. It’s the goal that’s driven us to expand into five offices, serving customers in over 160 countries. And it’s the goal we’d love for you to be a part of as a member of our global team as we continue our journey.
Known for extraordinary customer service and HQ in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries. We have offices in the U.S. currently in Raleigh, NC and San Antonio, TX.
The Pre-Sales Support Specialist is the principal Support contact for the sales acquisition team, specifically for prospects. Using their refined product knowledge and experience in crafting custom technical solutions for new customers with particular needs, this individual will assist in the closing of new sales opportunities by conducting product demos, participating on pre-sales calls and offering other forms of support to prospects through acquisition sales as required.
Managed within the support department, the Select Pre-Sales Specialist has developed an extensive knowledge of FreshBooks’ products and the products FreshBooks integrates with. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Select Support the ideal candidate possesses an unshakeable ability to deliver not only 4E customer service to our sales acquisition team and potential high value clients, but can also employ value-add sales tactics to help close/maintain the deal.
Armed with their ability to remain calm and collected amidst high stakes situations, the Select Pre-Sales Support Specialist is dedicated to real-time support for the acquisition team in sales and their potential customers.
Specifically in this role, you will:
- Consistently provides 4E customer service to the acquisition sales teams and their prospects
- Consistently uses value-add sales techniques with potential Select customers to help close deals
- Consistently joins sales reps on phone calls or visits with potential Select customers (ad hoc as available and scheduled)
- Delivers customized professional product demonstrations and presentations to potential Select customers with more in-depth knowledge and solutions than the sales rep is able to provide
- Partners with internal teams to offer technical solutions for potential Select customers based on their specific needs
- Manages inbound emails and phone calls from potential Select customers, aligning to conversations with the sales rep
- Routinely liaises with the Sales Team to maintain a functional understanding of initiatives. Has the ability to tie these initiatives to new product features and functionality
- Go-To for Best Practices for existing and new Account Executives
What you have:
- 3 - 5 years of B2B pre-sales experience in SAAS
- A proven track record of achievement and technical solution expertise in a similar role or environment
- Experience working cross-functionality with other departments (support, marketing etc)
- Experience with APIs (application programming interfaces) and crafting solutions involving API integrations specific to prospect needs
- Working knowledge of SalesForce and/or ZenDesk preferred
Success in the role looks like:
- Reliably embodies the values of PORCHFEST and departmental Support Values
- Sales team and potential Select customers experience the highest quality of service
- Sales is able to focus their time on closing deals with the help of the Pre-Sales specialist’s knowledge and insights
- Mastery of all of FreshBooks’ products
What You’ll Love About Working Here:
- Three week onboarding that brings you up to speed on our brand, product, and most importantly, our customers. It’s an awesome opportunity to dive in and understand what we’re all about and build your network within the company. Plus, there’s prizes!
- Our ever-expanding, global team who care about making accounting incredibly easy for business owners around the world.
- Amazing growth and mentorship opportunities from a team with a laser-focused mission of shipping extraordinary experiences.
- Collaborating remote or hybrid model with a global team
- A work/life balance you can brag to your friends about:
- Two weeks parental paid leave and paid leave top-up
- Health & dental coverage tailored to your local office
- Generous time off - including vacation, volunteer and innovation days
- Health and Wellness credits
- Learning and development opportunities that are both in-house and external
- Retirement savings programs matched to your local office
- Stock options for all full time employees
- And finally, we have fun at work...Want to start a chess team? Awesome. Want to host a homemade-ice-cream-making Zoom night? Whatever your passion is, bring it to FreshBooks, tell others about it, and enjoy what you do every day.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.