FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing global team of over 500 employees working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
In this role, you will develop an extensive knowledge of FreshBooks’ billing platform and all related tools for the processing of “Select” business transactions. Reporting to the Sales Operations Manager, the Billing Specialist is the principal contact for all work orders and billing adjustments required by the sales and business development departments for all “Select” customers.
In this role, you will be dedicated to real-time support for our sales team with regards to billing. The successful candidate will jump on opportunities to innovate the current processes and has a high level of ambiguity tolerance toward new ideas and changes to existing billing methods. You must be comfortable with providing feedback to and open communication with sales reps & leaders around work order issues/changes in a constructive and timely fashion.
What You’ll Do
- Support sales enablement through the delivery of work orders and processing of completed sales transactions.
- Ensure sales managed account work orders are processed in a timely manner. Including but not limited to:
- Billing changes
- Payment processing fee changes
- Payment Gateway migrations.
- Customer Payment and Withdrawal limit updates.
- Bookkeeping-related updates.
- Partner with internal teams to help solve for ‘nuanced’ or ‘special case’ work orders.
- Become proficient in all required sales managed billing systems and processes.
- Build business cases to automate any and all work order processes with the goal of improving on existing billing processes.
- Deliver Customer and Financial reporting, relative to managed accounts on a per-month basis.
- Collaborate with Sales, Sales Operations, and Support teams to establish suitable processes and change management activity.
- Stay current with relevant product and organizational updates to maximize role effectiveness
What You Have
- Post secondary Business Administration or Office Administration diploma | degree. Additional Administration Certifications or equivalent.
- 2-3 years experience with a Billing or Configure/Price/Quote system, such as ARIA, Zuora, Salesforce CPQ, Chargebee.
- 2-3 years of experience in a high tech company’s Work Order Processing environment.
- 2-3 years of data entry/clerical experience.
What You’ll Bring
- Ability to successfully navigate and operate various software tools required in processing work orders.
- Willingness to embody the values of FreshBooks’ PORCHFEST values.
- Strong communication skills tailored to different stakeholders. Exudes confidence and credibility, using various mediums. Up-to-date with relevant information and process knowledge.
- Maintains strong, trusting working relationships with sales, operations, and internal billing teams.
- Analytical & Detail-oriented, able to properly read work order requests and ensure all data inputs are accurate.
- Ability to understand all work order requests and when to escalate to stakeholders.
- Ability to work autonomously and well organized by planning and managing oneself and one’s projects effectively.
What we can promise you
We follow user-centered design in everything we do, and you’ll be spending your first 3 weeks just understanding our customers.
- An incredible growth opportunity; this is an opportunity to help us scale the impact of insight across our organization.
- A great work experience. Competitive benefits and employee perks, plenty of fun and work, s and team members who take pride in their work without ego, all in one of the most unique work cultures out there.
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.