FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team of over 400 employees working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses and their accountants and bookkeepers better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
Join us as a Community & Content Coordinator, where you’ll have the opportunity everyday to create compelling community and content experiences for our Accounting Partners all across North America. Reporting to the Head of the Accountant Channel, you’ll leverage your top notch communication and project management skills to develop on-brand social media, community and digital content experiences that get results. This role requires creativity, attention to detail, higher than average emotional intelligence, and a strong desire to make genuine connections with accountants and bookkeepers and support their growth and success.
What you’ll do
- Support the FreshBooks’ Accounting Partner community-building strategies, handling day-to-day logistics and community moderation
- Manage social media planning and execution for the business, including the creation, implementation and publishing of diverse, high-quality content that supports the partner program’s overall brand strategy and business objectives
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to leverage social media content and channels effectively to achieve partnership and campaign goals, supporting modern accountants and progressive bookkeepers across North America
- Collaborate closely with the support team to ensure all questions and comments on FreshBooks social media channels are monitored and responded to as appropriate
- Create monthly and quarterly social media content calendars, and provide monthly performance reports and recommendations
- Write for a variety of channels and formats, including ongoing partner education, newsletters, social media posts, and long-form content
- Conduct partner interviews to capture diverse experiences with enthusiasm, tact, and empathy
- Provide support to the Partner Consultant team and the marketing team with various projects, education and marketing campaigns
What you have
- A post-secondary education in marketing, communications, or a related field
- 2+ years experience in marketing, communications, or community building
- A strong desire to contribute to the evolution of the accounting industry and the roles that accountants and bookkeepers play in their engagements with small businesses
- Demonstrated experience with community building initiatives, and familiarity with community platform technologies (Influitivie, Khorus, Vanilla Forums, Mighty Networks, etc.)
- A detailed understanding of social media platforms, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- Demonstrated experience working with social media listening and scheduling tools such as Hootsuite or SproutSocial
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal, with strong attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Examples of previous written work - for example: newsletters, social posts, or blogs/articles
- A passion for relationship building and contributing to the success of others
- Proven organization and project management skills
- Experience using data/analytics to measure the effectiveness of your work inside of the community platform and make data-driven recommendations
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, or other tools used to create visually appealing social media content
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to our accounting partners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and also have the opportunity to help build a world-class partner program for accountants and bookkeepers.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com .