The Opportunity - Customer Support Specialist - Work From Home
Here at FreshBooks, we believe that the best customer service is delivered by a Support team that is engaged in their work and excited to be helping our customers. Our Support Team is not an afterthought - we consider them crucial to our success as a company. We have developed a team (80+) with lots of growth potential for those whose passion it is to dig deep into issues and exceed the expectations of our customers. We are a team of people who will go above and beyond to deliver the best possible customer experience every time!
We are currently hiring Customer Support Specialists who will work from home in PEI. Work hours are 9AM-5PM in Atlantic Standard Time (AST) Monday to Friday. You must be located in P.E.I to apply for this posting. We have our Headquarters in Toronto, a European team based in Amsterdam and a dispersed team located remotely across Canada.
Who we are:
- We build and sell Accounting software that helps owners manage their businesses through features like Invoicing, Expenses, Time Tracking, Payments & Reporting. Our customers are freelancers, self-employed professionals and businesses with employees.
- Our motto is humans first. We value empathy and honesty. You’ll quickly learn that we are caring, nurturing and that we support you and your career growth.
- Watch one of our videos to find out more about what it’s like to work at Freshbooks
What our Customer Support Specialists do:
- Go to great (perhaps extraordinary!) lengths when answering phone calls and email tickets to help customers find solutions to whatever problem they face (or could face in the future). Some of our most common customer inquiries are: how to get started with FreshBooks, troubleshooting & set-up of online payments and billing-related issues.
- Execute Extraordinary Experiences Every day! They leave every customer feeling valued and taken care of – we’ve got their back.
- Customer Support Specialists with a passion to dig deep into issues and exceed the expectations of customers progress quickly through our company. Over the years, we’ve had a Support member move into every department at FreshBooks (Product Development, Human Resources & Data Analytics to name a few!)
- Work from home, supported by a remote team dispersed across Canada
- No more shift work! Your schedule is Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM (AST)
- Competitive salaries based on National averages for like positions
- At-home tech set up. We supply you with all the fancy gadgets you’ll need to do your job (laptop, monitor, headset etc.)
- We help you pay for your home internet costs
- Access to many fun remote company-wide activities like yoga, meditation, fitness camps – remember we said we are humans first
- The option to give back to your community with three paid volunteer days per year
- Companywide benefits including but not limited to: 100% employer-paid health and dental benefits, employee assistance program and three weeks paid vacation to start!
Who our Support Specialists are:
- Minimum Qualifications: No worry here, we will train them on what they need to know. No fancy list of pre-qualifications. We care more about personality, passion and drive to learn & grow!
- Fantastic Communicators: our Support Specialists interact with our customers more frequently than anyone else, so it’s critical that their messages are accurate, clear and concise. Phones are a big part of this role (we pick up on two rings) so they should enjoy communication on the phone.
- Passionate & Empathetic: they put themselves in the shoes of the entrepreneurs who use FreshBooks, and this drives them to take big steps towards finding a solution for each one of our users.
- Enduring & Resilient: every day, they energetically engage with ~30 customers, each with their own needs and feelings – and they do it all with a smile!
- Always Striving for More: they are truly passionate about finding ways to improve our users’ experiences, and they work hard to maintain and grow their knowledge of our product in order to always deliver.
- Problem Solvers: every question has an answer, and our Support Specialists will either find it or create it! “No” is not part of the FreshBooks vernacular. No matter how unconventional a question may seem, our team is happy to tackle it.
- Internet Savvy: our team knows the interwebs and its many applications. Don’t worry – we will train you on the nitty gritty.
We would love to hear from you! Here’s how you apply:
- You need to tell us in your own words why we should hire you. Remember we are looking for your personality and passion - not your degree. It’s simple, just fill in the text box below.
- Answer the 4 scenario questions listed below. Pretend you’re a Customer Support Specialist when answering these customer questions and assume they have all come in via email.
Only applicants who have fully completed the answers to all questions & scenarios below will be considered for an interview. Give us as many reasons as you can to give you a call.
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.