FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Associate Director, Marketing
As an Associate Director, Marketing, you will be responsible for building a team to acquire FreshBooks customers across specific international markets. In this role, you will be a part of the User Growth team and you will work closely with various teams across the organization to shape how FreshBooks shows up in new international markets. You will be hands-on in finding and pursuing opportunities for user growth, which could take the shape of marketing campaigns, new programs, or partnerships. To bring these opportunities to life, you will collaborate cross-functionally to ensure flawless execution and you will lead your team in doing the same with their projects.
The ideal candidate has the experience, and enjoys, leading people and influencing cross-functional teams to work towards a single goal. This is a leader who knows how to motivate their team to get the best out of every individual while providing the team members with autonomy, purpose, and the opportunity for mastery. This individual also has experience building and deploying insight-based marketing plans. Finally, the ideal candidate has a mindset of deep ownership and accountability, where no job is too big or too small for them.
What you'll do:
Build and grow a high performing team
- Lead a small team to consistently perform at a high level and deliver exceptional results by establishing clear objectives, driving prioritization, and empowering team members to own their portfolios.
- Coach your team members to unlock their potential, exceed their objectives, and, most importantly, feel that they matter and can make a difference (because they can!).
- Hire top talent with diverse experiences and enable a culture of continuous learning, trust, and collaboration.
Know your segments inside-out
- Understand what is happening in your segments by analysing market trends, competitive activity, and data results to find insights and trends
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the customers within your segment by learning who they are through research, customer meetings, and field research
Develop growth plans
- Design marketing campaigns, programs, and always-on activity that will drive significant growth in your segments, in collaboration with Product Marketing and other segment leads to ensure a holistic approach to our markets
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to establish a strategic pricing strategy and recommend pricing changes when necessary
- Join forces with our Business Development team to ensure we have the right partners for your segment and that we are launching mutually beneficial initiatives with existing partners
Lead implementation of growth strategies
- Lead the campaign process of a cross-functional group of experts for the campaign and always-on activity and continuously collaborate with the group to optimize how we go to market - this includes briefing, creative feedback, etc.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to bring to market plans for new programs, such as partnerships, customer engagement programs, and co-marketing opportunities, leading communications and project managing
- Lead tracking and sharing of results to our leadership; working with our data team to shape our metrics, budgets, and targets and measuring against them
What you have:
- 8+ years of experience driving marketing campaigns and projects with responsibility for top-line growth
- Track record of leading high-performance teams to achieve results
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills grounded in empathy and empowerment
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing end-to-end marketing plans
- Experience with analysing customer insights, and understanding audience/customer segmentation
- Excellent problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities
- Demonstrated success at a consumer-facing company, management consultancy or a growing SaaS company
- Excellent communication, collaboration and delegation skills
- Commitment to working in a diverse and inclusive organization
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in Toronto, Canada.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com